Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Issue with AppleTV after upgrade to tvOS 13

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 57 Replies | 4 Followers

ibg001
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 posted on Sun, Sep 29 2019 6:36 PM

After upgrade of my Apple TV HD to iOS 13 my BeoVision 8 will no longer turn on the Apple TV.

If I turn on my Apple TV with the Apple Remote then I can use BeoRemote One to navigate on the Apple TV. So it is not a cable issue. It only turn on and turn off that does not work.

Any ideas? 

All Replies

ibg001
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Again we see how bad the B&O customer service has become, which is sad.

The answer from B&O customer service is: "If it is an iOS that cause issue we recommend you to contact Apple Support."

Can it be worse? The so called customer service do not even know that there is a PUC update already and probably not even know that PUC tables is a part of the B&O software. 

Now I just hope that the new PUC table can be installed manually by a technician since my TV is a BV8-40.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,539 Posts
Bronze Member

ibg001:

The answer from B&O customer service is: "If it is an iOS that cause issue we recommend you to contact Apple Support."

Can it be worse? The so called customer service do not even know that there is a PUC update already and probably not even know that PUC tables is a part of the B&O software. 

Now I just hope that the new PUC table can be installed manually by a technician since my TV is a BV8-40.

The guys did update the PUC table very fast when it became clear what the reason was.

Why blame the costumer service - these guys are also BV/ATV users and maybe they did not know that it was done by the time you asked.

I see no reason why it should not be available through the manual update!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Schlaumeier
Top 500 Contributor
131 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001:

sorry, but tvos13 doesn't work properly. I start apple tv via beo4 and I have to press the green button additionaly to get the apple-homescreen.

it has nothing to do with b&o and pucs.

Beste Grüße / Best regards

Schlaumeier

Setup Livingroom: BeoVision 10-40 and 10-32, BeoLab 6000 front, BeoLab 4000 rear, BeoLab 11, Ouverture, Apple TV 2 & 4, Airport Express, 6 x LC2.

Other Rooms: 3 x BeoSound 8, BeoVision 8-26, MX 4002, 2 x Keyring, 2 x Beolit 15, A1, Airport Express, 4 x Beo4, 2 x Beocom 5

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
437 Posts
Gold Member
I admit that I always have my AppleTV turned on and I am right now just watching a movie rented on ATV.

I have an AppleTV 4 and 4K and I have not had any issues after the TVOS upgrade.

Besides the AppleTV, I mainly use Netflix, Infuse and Media8 player.

I have them connected to BV7, BV8 (both TVs are using the same AppleTV using a splitter) and Avant55 Mk1.
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
606 Posts
Founder
ibg001:

I don’t have an issue with B&O’s Customer Service.

The issues launch issues with my BV14 and now with the AppleTV were al solved with the correct communication.

I know companies with far worse Customer Service.

Karel.
beopaul
Top 500 Contributor
79 Posts
Bronze Member
kuyttendaele:

Probably... but you'll have to contact your dealer as I don't have a BeoSystem3

For those of us who still have dealers. My closest one is now 800 miles away.
ibg001
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Mon, Oct 14 2019 7:58 PM

I have now got a BeoVision Horizon and downloaded the new AppleTV puc table and it is working fine except one thing. 
How do I open the new control menu? On the Apple remote it is long press on the TV button. Which button on the BeoRemote One? It is not in the list menu.  

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
299 Posts
Bronze Member

Maybe somebody(s) could put together puc tool packages and rent them out with instructions and/or facetime consult. Don't think they could make a lot of money, but if it doesn't interest B&O, it could be a nice side business for someone. I would even bet there are some beoworlders who could update the codes. Just thinking...

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,534 Posts
Bronze Member
I just updated mine and in the device setup I chose off at tv standby

I put the tv in to standby. The ATV is still on.

Frederic
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
114 Posts
Bronze Member
Frederic replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 12:59 PM

Aussie Michael:
I just updated mine and in the device setup I chose off at tv standby

I put the tv in to standby. The ATV is still on.

I have the same issue, ATV 4 turns back on. Why ? Tried everything (turninh HDMI- CEC off, airplay off, ,,,) something in the newer tvs must maybe sent over hdmi from time to time turning atv on. I put some heat sinks on it. D'ont care anymore

ibg001
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 1:10 PM

Do you know how to activate the new control menu on the ATV where you can switch user and hibernate? 

On the Apple remote it is a long press in the TV button. What is this on the BeoRemote if possible?

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
213 Posts
Silver Member
ibg001:

Do you know how to activate the new control menu on the ATV where you can switch user and hibernate?

On the Apple remote it is a long press in the TV button. What is this on the BeoRemote if possible?

If you have a BeoRemote One BT, you can pair it with your Apple TV 4/4K.

I have done it, and if I long press the Home button on the BeoRemote the new control menu is shown.

Please observe, that the volume control is not working in this setup.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beolit 12, Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,539 Posts
Bronze Member

It is very simple (when you know how to...)

Just press the yellow button for a few seconds and the AirPlay menu will appear.

MM

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
213 Posts
Silver Member
Millemissen:

It is very simple (when you know how to...)

Just press the yellow button for a few seconds and the AirPlay menu will appear.

MM

It will only bring up the Airplay menu - not the new control menu ...

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beolit 12, Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,539 Posts
Bronze Member

Oups! - that one....never missed it.

Seems that we need help from the guys, who wrote the new PUC.

MM

Page 3 of 4 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL