rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 77 Replies | 4 Followers

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
479 Posts
Gold Member
Fansastic posted on Sat, Sep 28 2019 9:48 AM
Dear members, are more Moment owners currently experiencing problems with the artist covers for their DLNA music collection? Also the inner circle of the moodwheel is unavailable.

Since a week or so I experience this problem and want to know if this is a fault on B&O side or that this service (through gracenote i thought) has been terminated.

Thanks for sharing your experiences

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

David Coyne
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
304 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by laseralex

Comrades,

I share this, not to go over old ground or my old posts but hopefully to be of assistance. Unfortunately I experienced similar problems some 9 months ago. I wrote to beocare on a number of occasions and received no reply. I then escalated to the CEO on three occasions and eventually had a teleconference established with two staff in Denmark.  We tried playing with a number of workarounds, TWONKY, NAS etc.

At one point I had most of my artist and album cover art displaying 90% correctly for about 5 weeks, The Moodwheel never worked properly, though that wasn't a deal breaker for me, Then came various software updates and we were back to square one. I raised the issue again, the replies from Denmark ceased. My dealer's technical staff also tried to get responses and it all went silent. During this whole process of problems I actually had three Moments, B&O suggesting they were faulty and a new one would rectify the problems,  At the same time Bang and Olufsen were closing all stores in Australia and I decided to return my Moment and get a refund as I didn't trust Denmark to assist with any issues, once the Australian stores were closed.

I did persist with the Moment for over 12 months, hence the three new units. They never worked properly and I spent every weekend trying to reload music , replace artwork, re organise the set up. I stopped enjoying the music because it was constantly not working properly. Up until that point I probably naively thought B&O in Denmark cared about customer service. I've had a number of B&O music players- the beocenter 2, Beosound 5 and the Moment. The moment was the most problematic yet had the most potential. Each product eventually became obsolete because of software issues. I only had my Beosound 5 for 18 months before it was essentially obsolete as anything more than a music server.

I still love the products but will not buy a music system again nor do I have faith in B&Os software development/ management capability. Though to be fair the B&O App has been stable lately and I run my whole music system  from that App. (Attn Mr Andersson).

In short I wouldn't bother with the Moment, it will frustrate you no end.

My final word on the matter is my absolute disappointment in the lack of response from Denmark. I think they gave up too, on the Moment but also responding to complaints and trying to spin the 'Emperors New clothes'.

David

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
479 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01:

Funny I did it too today .... asking them to be transparent if no fix will ever be released.

To summarize their answer: Support does not know where the fix stands. BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

I asked them same sort of question and copied their answer in earlier post. Big Smile

So we can conclude the fix is somewhere between we are working on it and we do not know anymore. Lets keep positive and hope for the fix.

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
479 Posts
Gold Member

Just contacted B&O Support again and unfortunately the fix is NOT on their radar. Agains earlier promises.

If B&O is listening, please do give is an fix for the moodwheel / gracenote issue! It couldn't be that hard?!

So if you own a Moment, please contact B&O support also and let's try to get them to fix the issue.

--

Thank you for getting back to us. I'd be happy to continue assisting you with this matter. 

As of now, the update necessary to correct the Moodwheel situation has not been developed nor released yet. We're deeply sorry to learn you're still having this issue. Please note that we must wait for our development team to address this issue as soon as they can. Note that we have a large list of other issues on the many other platforms we have created that require the same attention and may be of greater importance. We thank you for your patience and cooperation thus far and I hope you find this information useful and our service satisfactory. Please take care and enjoy your day. 

Should you require any further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,431 Posts
Gold Member

I'm chasing regularly too, no good news so far. It's a pity to own a 2k € brick :-(

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Page 6 of 6 (78 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL