Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoplay hacking: Control of B&O speakers with MLGW / BLGW and without B&O App?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,399 Posts
Gold Member
TWG posted on Thu, Sep 19 2019 6:02 AM

Hello Beoworld, 

I've found this interesting thing:

https://gismo141.github.io/hacking-the-beoplay-loudspeaker-api/index.html

It explains the control of a Beoplay speaker through software commands. 

Can this be used to control all systems with an internal webserver (Essence, M3, M3, Beosound 1 etc.)  from B&O through commands with the BLGW, MLGW and WITHOUT the B&O app but with 3rd party home automation systems?

All Replies

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
507 Posts
Founder

Now that's a nice find...

The only thing missing: time to get into it :-( 

Karel.

matador43
Top 150 Contributor
493 Posts
Bronze Member

That's very interesting,

I dont know how much work, knowledge an talent is involved here but I wish somebody can do the same with the Beo6/Beomaster5 Wifi coms and start to play with this feature of the remote!

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,536 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Sep 19 2019 10:58 AM

There is a LOT of functionality that can be achieved using a 3rd party system with the BLGW that can exceed the limitations of the app. For years, I've been using RadioRa2 keypads to trigger NL sources. For example, one button can have the BeoSound 9000 CD play through my BeoSound 35. Another button can play the BeoSound 2300 CD through the BeoSound 35. Another button can play the BeoCenter 2 CD through the BeoSound 35. What this means is that you can exceed the app's limit of only 2 linked devices (primary and secondary) having their sources available to an NL speaker. This is very easy to achieve and it's all built into the BLGW.

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
130 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Thu, Sep 19 2019 3:55 PM
Hi,

I have posted this here before, but it was some some ago.

Very useful

https://github.com/PolyPv/BeoRemote/blob/master/BeoRemote.txt
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,341 Posts
Bronze Member

beojeff:

There is a LOT of functionality that can be achieved using a 3rd party system with the BLGW that can exceed the limitations of the app.

This is very easy to achieve and it's all built into the BLGW.

Exactly, and that is the reason why I found it hard to see that as ‘a nice find...

I failed to see the benefit of ‘hacking’, but maybe I have overseen something?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,399 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Sep 20 2019 6:24 AM
The benefit is that it could allow the usage with more 3rd party home automation systems and allow direct control of the speakers within a network and without a B&O app or even a BLGW / MLGW. The speakers could be adressed directly by e.g. an Openhab system and every other system that understands http requests or json commands.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL