rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Marwal91
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Marwal91 posted on Mon, Sep 16 2019 3:39 PM

Hi ! 

I received a Beocenter 8000 from a friend that worked fine and then stopped working (no red dot when i plug it, no responding command no "clic" sound BUT the CD laser head is initializing... ) So i guess the problem is from EEPROM (someone told me it could be the point) so i'm looking for help to replace the EEPROM but i need to know more about it. I know that EEPROM is a memory that erase when you plug out the mains. But i know that there is a program inside the EEPROM... So is it working with a battery ? If i replace the EEPROM do i have to replace a battery too? 

Thanks for your lights about it ! 

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,994 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Sep 16 2019 9:35 PM

Check the power supply.
Check for cracked solder joints at the large filter capacitors and at the relay.

Martin

Marwal91
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi thank you for your help ... My technical English is very poor as a French guy ... So could you be more precise about the parts I have to check ? Maybe if you can send me a picture or a technical drawing about the parts to check that really would help me !! :-) thank you very much !! 

matador43
Top 150 Contributor
497 Posts
Bronze Member

Dillen:

Check the power supply.

Vérifiez l'alimentation principale (avec un voltmètre…)

Dillen:

Check for cracked solder joints at the large filter capacitors and at the relay.

Vérifiez les soudures au niveau des gros condensateurs et du relais, Elles ne doivent pas être craquelées ou "sèche".

Dillen:

Martin

Martin.

Marwal91
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Merci  !!  Thumbs Up

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,994 Posts