Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Could I combine BeoLab 8 with BeoMaster 901?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Kim M.
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, DK
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Kim M. posted on Sun, Sep 15 2019 2:53 PM

Hi! I used to "in the know" about B&O, but I'm not anymore. I know you are though :-)

My BeoSound 4 has died on me. It is good looking, but it never gave me much joy anyway - more grief. So, I'm thinking of hooking my BeoLab 8's to a more vintage control unit. 

• Could I combine BeoLab 9 with BeoMaster 901?

And would I get away with it? I mean would it work and play well? The BM 901 has an integrated 2x20w amp, and my BL9s are active. Would that be OK?

What would be a good alternative, if not?

Thanks!

Kim

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Kim M.
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, DK
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Kim M. replied on Fri, Sep 20 2019 8:48 AM
Verified by Kim M.

Hello Steve! 

Thanks for pitching in!

The "kit" you suggest, I need to know if it is plug-and-play, or if I need to tinker any further myself? I must admit it, I only "get it" about 75%.

Cheers, 

Kim

All Replies

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Kim,

Welcome to Beoworld!  Yes, this is possible and the results could be quite interesting.....(in a good way!)

You can connect two Beolab 9 speakers to the 2 pin DIN speaker terminals on the back of the receiver using this special Attenuated Converter: https://soundsheavenly.com/line-in-connection/33-power-amplifier-to-beolab-line-in-attenuated-convertor-kit.html and then use this cable to connect the speakers to the output sockets of the Converter: https://soundsheavenly.com/powerlink-8-pin-din-connection/105-126-av-processor-pre-amp-sonos-to-beolab-using-the-powerlink-din-sockets-one-cable-for-two-speakers.html#/2-length-1m

(Please add a note note to request a couple of free 2 pin DIN plugs and I will be pleased to include these for you).

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Kim M.
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, DK
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Kim M. replied on Fri, Sep 20 2019 8:48 AM
Verified by Kim M.

Hello Steve! 

Thanks for pitching in!

The "kit" you suggest, I need to know if it is plug-and-play, or if I need to tinker any further myself? I must admit it, I only "get it" about 75%.

Cheers, 

Kim

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Kim

Please don’t worry, these items are plug and play, full instructions are included.

Kind regards Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Kim M.
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, DK
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Kim M. replied on Fri, Sep 20 2019 9:41 AM

Thanks Steve!

And what exactly was it that you'd include as a freebie, if I put in a not on the order like "(Please add a note note to request a couple of free 2 pin DIN plugs and I will be pleased to include these for you)."

Aren't they on the https://soundsheavenly.com/powerlink-8-pin-din-connection/105-126-av-processor-pre-amp-sonos-to-beolab-using-the-powerlink-din-sockets-one-cable-for-two-speakers.html#/2-length-1m already, or where do they fit into the equation?

Thanks, 

Kim

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Kim,

The leads that you mentioned in your most recent post will not work with Beolab 8000 speakers, they are for Beolab 3 or 9 speakers instead.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL