rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 16 Replies | 2 Followers

tb59427
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Gold Member
tb59427 posted on Sun, Sep 15 2019 12:09 PM

Hi all,

has anyone tried MacOS Catalina (beta)? Have you checked how BM-Link behaves in the absence of iTunes? Will it continue to work with the iTunes successors?

regards

Torsten

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

RobN
Not Ranked
54 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) RobN replied on Thu, Oct 10 2019 8:15 AM
Verified by tb59427

Hi Torsten & everyone,

I’ve received an email from Anders Ödlund who wrote BM-Link and it’s unfortunately not good news. He no longer lives in our part of the world and has no B&O equipment to develop or test an upgrade of the software. Consequently, I sadly conclude we’ve reached the end of the road with BM-Link when upgrading to Catalina.

The only temporary work-around is not to upgrade the music server running MacOS to Catalina until you absolutely have to. By then I hope our great community will have found an alternative way to feed music from Music running on MacOS Catalina into MasterLink.

Any ideas would be very welcome, I’ll start a new thread to see if anyone has the solution.

Best regards,

Rob

HCvK
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) HCvK replied on Sat, Jan 18 2020 5:09 PM
Verified by tb59427

Hello everyone,

I found a solution for my setup.

I've got an iMac in my home office room with 2 Beolab 6000 speakers.

I upgaded to Catalina.

In the system preferences of your MAC, you've got to go to the BM-link Settings. in the 3. tab "Details", I had to switch from "Start when iTunes starts" (which doesn't exist anymore). When I switched to "Start when BM-Link starts" it clicked in my BEOLAB 6000 and Music playing from the new Mac-music-app started Smile

I uploaded 2 screenshots, check them out

All Replies

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
423 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, Dec 28 2020 5:33 PM

I think I got it figured out :-) - I freed up an in-wall tube between the utility room and the AV cabinet and will pull a CAT7 S/FTP cable through it.

I will terminate with RJ45 sockets and crimp some RJ45 plugs on a 3.5mm minijack cable (between the mac and the socket) and a DIN cable (between the other socket and the PHONO input of the BeoMaster 6500).

Advantages: only one cable extra in the salad by putting the mac mini in the utility room, no need to buy (and power) a BeoLink, and I can make an Ethernet connection to the headless mac mini. Plus my trusted BeoMaster serves some extra purpose again (it lost its speakers already to the BeoSystem 3).

All in all I will now will be able to listen to internet radio without switching on the TV or needing to use an app. And in the Beo4 it will be the N.RADIO command - pretty neat!

Thanks for your advice.

Johan

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
423 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Thu, Feb 25 2021 8:24 PM

And.... Got it working :-) 

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL