Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 21 Replies | 2 Followers

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,151 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 posted on Sun, Sep 8 2019 9:26 AM

Dear users.

I'm using PMS on my QNAP NAS and I'm not able to stream ALAC music files to any B&O products via DLNA, while I can through other DLNA media servers such as Twonky or Minimserver running on the same QNAP NAS.

The only music i can stream using PMS DLNA are MP3 files

When trying with the APP, I receive an error message saying that the track cannot be inserted in the playing queue, using Twonky UI (selecting PMS DLNA as source and B&O product as target), I receive "Device cannot play this content" message back.

Has anyone be successful in streaming ALAC to B&O product through PMS DLNA?

Thanks

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BG 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,151 Posts
Gold Member

mbolo01:

For now I'm fighting to build the profile so no transcode happens and bitrate is the one set in the music file.

CONCLUSION: I managed to build a B&O device profile in PLEX so I can stream lossless tracks from PLEX DLNA server to B&O products, but the initial goal is not met, BS Moment is not able to find any music on the PLEX DLNA server.

Moving now on BS Moment bigger issues: Deezer being crazy, grey MoodWheel inner ring and no more Gracenote fetching of artist's images .....

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BG 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

cstephen
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
cstephen replied on Sun, Sep 15 2019 10:20 AM

Hi mbolo1 and steve1977,

I have a Moment and WD MyPassportWireless (running Twonky) and a WD MyCloudHome (running a special version of Plex). I can see both servers in the B&O app and stream to the Moment or an M5. I can also play music from either server through the Avant Homemedia. What I can't do is get the Moment to behave (compilation albums are not kept together by twonky, plex tag data is not read properly etc). I'm curious about the minimserver or some other way to get my Moment to interact properly with my music.

I want:

1. mood wheel data harvested in Moment

2. want to use PatternPlay so that I can leave most music selection to the Moment

3. compilation albums (almost all classic albums and soundtracks and best of...) staying as an album

4. playlists so that my wife can quickly find stuff she wants to play amongst the ten of thousands of songs in my library

Can either of you give me any advice? I actually have almost two complete versions of my music library. One supposedly high quality (FLAC) to play through the B&O system, and one lower quality (mp3) to play while on the move (car, earphones, etc).

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,151 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Sep 15 2019 11:12 AM

cstephen:
Can either of you give me any advice?

Hi there, before providing you with my experience on these components, I would like to know how you manage your music library, i.e. what do you use to maintain the metadata of your tracks? I can see PLEX, but is it the only tool?

As an example, I use iTunes on a Mac to load my tracks in a shared area of my QNAP NAS and my DLNA servers are pointing to this shared area to do their job. Twonky, Minimserver do not enrich the metadata, PLEX does but in its own database if I understand well. When I need to provide more metadata, or correct the existing ones, I use Metadatics, Song Kong or MusicBrainz Picard depending on what suits me the best.

cstephen
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
cstephen replied on Sun, Sep 15 2019 11:19 AM

Hi,

I use Exact Audio Copy to load the music from my CD's to the file storage and then MP3tag to check/update the metadata

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,151 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Sep 15 2019 12:19 PM

cstephen:

I want:

1. mood wheel data harvested in Moment

2. want to use PatternPlay so that I can leave most music selection to the Moment

3. compilation albums (almost all classic albums and soundtracks and best of...) staying as an album

4. playlists so that my wife can quickly find stuff she wants to play amongst the ten of thousands of songs in my library

Can either of you give me any advice? I actually have almost two complete versions of my music library. One supposedly high quality (FLAC) to play through the B&O system, and one lower quality (mp3) to play while on the move (car, earphones, etc).

1. The Moment will analyze your DLNA library, fetch tracks' mood from Gacenote, assuming the tracks are recognized, and the inner ring will be populated accordingly.

2. I'm not a PatternPlay user, but I guess it gets better as you use the Moment, avoiding any reset that would clear the PatternPlay database.

3. For the Moment to recognize a compilation you have to be set the album artist name to "Various Artists". This way, all your compilation albums will be placed under de VA tile

4. The Moment does not manage playlists as such but leverages playlists exposed by the DLNA server. On my side I use Twonky with my Moment and Twonky is configured to leverage iTunes playlists. Result: iTunes playlists are available in the Moment User Interface.

Comment on PLEX (I'm repeating myself, sorry): I had to build a device profile in PLEX to allow tracks over 44100 Hz to be streamed by the PLEX DLNA server to B&O products, and I was not able to use the PLEX DLNA server running on QNAP as a DLNA source for the Moment, no tracks are being found.

cstephen
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
cstephen replied on Sun, Sep 15 2019 12:30 PM

Thanks for your assistance.

1. I have a situation where the Moment will go to the twonky server and find the tracks but the inner wheel of the mood wheel is blank (ie no mood data from the local DLNA collection). Is this therefore a gracenote problem, or a problem with the Moment, or perhaps a problem with the metadata? I haven't got the Moment to reliably get track data from plex yet, so am very interested in your profile.

2. Yes, I'm sure patternplay will work when I get all track data into the Moment... (it used to work until B&O upgraded the Moment software. They've now downgraded it for me, so I'm back to building the database again).

3. Thanks for the tip re the Various Artists. For some reason I thought the twonky server didn't honour the various artists tag.

4. How do you get the iTunes playlists into twonky? I see there's a playlist building capability in plex, but am not sure their playlists are recognised by the Moment.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,151 Posts
Gold Member

cstephen:

Thanks for your assistance.

1. I have a situation where the Moment will go to the twonky server and find the tracks but the inner wheel of the mood wheel is blank (ie no mood data from the local DLNA collection). Is this therefore a gracenote problem, or a problem with the Moment, or perhaps a problem with the metadata? I haven't got the Moment to reliably get track data from plex yet, so am very interested in your profile.

2. Yes, I'm sure patternplay will work when I get all track data into the Moment... (it used to work until B&O upgraded the Moment software. They've now downgraded it for me, so I'm back to building the database again).

3. Thanks for the tip re the Various Artists. For some reason I thought the twonky server didn't honour the various artists tag.

4. How do you get the iTunes playlists into twonky? I see there's a playlist building capability in plex, but am not sure their playlists are recognised by the Moment.

You are welcome.

1. The Mood inner wheel issue is now known by B&O now, they should be working on a fix, we need to be patient.

3. Twonky relies on the "compilation" tag to group compilations under "Various" artist name, but the Moment has its own logic.

4. You have to (1) use iTunes to manage your music, (2) create static playlists - dynamic do not work - (3) point Twonky music shared folder to the iTunes directory and (4) modify the TwonkyServer.ini file to enable iTunes playlist awareness. If you go for (1) to (3) I can help on (4).
On my side, when I set PLEX as the DLNA server in the Moment configuration, no music is discovered, including playlists. But looking at the PLEX DLNA structure through the B&O App, I don't see any "Playlist" entry point either, so I guess PLEX playlists are internal to PLEX and accessible to PLEX client apps only.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL