Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Eclipse with new (Panasonic) dvd players (separate sound and video hdmi output) ??

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

jandrego
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
jandrego posted on Sun, Aug 18 2019 9:46 AM

Can you use the Eclipse with the new Panasonic dvd players that can provide a separate audio and video output (HDMI both) for the best sound and video quality ?
Could an Eclipse handle that ??

thanks
Jan

All Replies

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
448 Posts
Bronze Member

I cannot specifically answer your question.

However, it will be quite common on these boards for people to combine the Oppo xxx with the Eclipse.

HDMI yes

PUC yes

I can’t imagine that your Pana DVD will not work (and more importantly integrate) unless it does not have an IR window or port.

jandrego
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
jandrego replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 11:46 AM

The Pana will work when using 1 HMDI cable to the Eclipse,

but the question is if the Eclipse can handle 2 separate signals (2 x HDMI input, sound and video separate) when watching a movie for example

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
841 Posts
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 11:58 AM

jandrego:
Can you use the Eclipse with the new Panasonic dvd players that can provide a separate audio and video output (HDMI both) for the best sound and video quality ?

Could an Eclipse handle that ??

thanks
Jan

I do not know any Video or Audio device which can simultaneous reproduce signals from 2 separate HDMI inputs!

Our do you mean: the HDMI audio output is meant for audio reproduction to an amplifier and the other HDMI the video/audio output to a TV/Monitor/Projector?

Your question: the Eclipse can handle a HDMI connected BR/DVD player, using one HDMI cable to offer the best available audio/video signals to the set.   

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
841 Posts
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 12:01 PM

Carolpa:
I do not know any Video or Audio device which can simultaneous reproduce signals from 2 separate HDMI inputs!
And because of the HDMI standard and capabilities a bit of awkward to use two separate cables

jandrego
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

thanks,

Reason for the question is that Panasonic announces the separate audio output as of higher quality as the 4K audio/video output, especially meant for input to an separate amplifier in your home cinema.
So looking at the Eclipse as the basis of a complete home cinema system it might have been possible to feed the audio and video separate.
But apparently not, but the standard combined signal will do perfectly.

thanks all
Jan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL