Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Help needed with Beosound Century clamper arm and mechanism.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

TomJ13
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
TomJ13 posted on Sat, Aug 17 2019 4:14 PM

Hi, looking for some help, got the laser replaced for my Century and I've put it back in no problems. I now have a major headache with the clamper, the arm and the mechanism. I need help with putting this back together. Any assistance greatly appreciated. 

All Replies

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
636 Posts
Gold Member

It's a bit tricky to get the clamper arm to line up with it's actuator when reassembling,but if you move the mechanism by turning the large wheel manually,on the drive mech to the left of the cd area,you will see how it works.

When the actuator is nearest the top of the cabinet,you should be able to pop the clamper lever into it,with the clamper in it's closed position.

Hope this helps?

Nick

TomJ13
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
TomJ13 replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 12:16 PM

I shall do this today, I greatly appreciate that Nick. Very good of you.

TomJ13
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
TomJ13 replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 2:31 PM

Hi Nick. Got it in screwed it down and tried it, door is trying to open but only moving a couple of centimetres. Can hear the motor working and the door frame slides open so the problem is the arm whether it isn't seated correctly I just don't know. I am thinking in contacting B&O in Glasgow and getting a tech to look at it. I'm stumped.

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
636 Posts
Gold Member

Can you drive the mechanism and open/close the clamper manually,by turning the large drive wheel by hand(unit unpowered)?

If so,perhaps the drive belt is stretched and slipping.

Nick

TomJ13
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
TomJ13 replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 4:24 PM

Tried that Nick, was the first thing I did. It was only going down a fraction before not going any further. So I have ruled out the worn belt. 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,544 Posts
Founder

Again, as Nick suggested, can you (with the mechanism hold in your hand, move the big gearwheel all the way? It might still be put back together the wrong way. The large arm is driven by the big wheel, but when it is not put back the right way, it only moves a few centimeters.

TomJ13
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
TomJ13 replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 5:01 PM

I am now fairly sure I have put it back incorrectly. Problem being is that I never took pictures whilst taking the clamper door off. So I have no way of knowing what is the correct way in putting it back in. The mechanism is working fine and the belt is alright, I'm not a tech or anything of the sort so this is a beginners mistake. I cannot find anything online to give me a visual on how to put the door/clamper and arm in the correct way. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL