Linked BeoVision 10 not recognizing Master BV 11

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

BeOwner
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Gold Member
BeOwner posted on Fri, Jul 19 2019 1:49 AM

I just replaced a BeoVision Avant-32 with a BeoVision 10. The BV 10 is located in a linked room.  

My master room has a BV11 connected to a Beosound 9000 using a ML/NL converter. The BV 10 (MK 3) does not recognize the BV11 or any of the sources connected to the BV11 when I use the “Link” button and select the Master Room source. This feature worked fine on the 20 year old Avant.

None of the settings on the BV 11 were changed when I replaced the Avant and all of the BS9000 sources can be operated from the BV 10 in the linked room. 

The BV 10 is set on V.Opt.6 (as instructed in the User Guide) and I reset everything.  What could I possibly be missing?  

Thanks for your help. 

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,563 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Jul 19 2019 12:28 PM

This is just a guess as I don't own any NL kit, but don't you have to go into the NL converter's setup menu and tell it which ML components are connected?  Not sure how this would effect setup but maybe worth a play iaw the NL/ converter Installation Guide.

Have you tired disconnecting the NL converter (making it an ML-only system) and seeing if the BV10 will play BS9000 CDs?

Have you tried powering everything down, unplugging all NL/ML leads, reconnecting, and then powering back up - maybe powering ML sources first followed by NL, and then vice versa?

BeOwner
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Gold Member

Thank you.  I tried all your suggestions.  It recognizes the sources on the BV9000.  For some reason it is not linking to the BV 11.  My 32” Avant recognized all the sources connected to and on the BV11.

I have asked B&o Customer Service for help.  They walked me through making adjustments to the ML/NL Converter in the past, but I don’t think this is related to that.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL