rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 0 Followers

JDFR
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
JDFR posted on Mon, Jul 15 2019 11:35 PM

Hi,

My installation is a pair of Beolab8000 1994-1995 -> Sonos Connect with SoundsHeavenly cables, and I stream the music from my smartphone.

Everything worked well (during approximatively one week) but since today I start to notice a whistling noise from the speakers (much more important on one of the two).

This is a very discreet but shrill whistling and I only hear it when the volume is low. When I play no music on the installation there is a noise word coming from each speakers but very very low and discreet, the only problem is this whistling noise that persist even when there’s no music playing.

I tried to disconnect everything but it didn’t worked.

- Could it be from dust from the speakers as they are quite old ? Should I remove the front cloth and clean the inside parts as It has never been done before.

- Maybe it’s my cable management that’s wrong (I wrapped a part of the cables with scratch) ?

- Maybe it’s a defect from the speakers themselves ? I thought about this but since it worked wonderfully one day ago (they weren’t used during 10 years before this thought)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

thank you very much

JD

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL