Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Why can B&O not offer something similar to Nativ Vita as successor for Beosound Moment?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Founder
Alsfeld Posted: Sat, Jul 13 2019 8:48 AM

By accident I found the Nativ Vita (https://www.nativsound.com/en/) a high-resolution music system and touchscreen control center.
I like the design and especially I like the described operating concept.
Why can’t B&O offer a similar device as successor for the Beosound Moment?

With similar features as described at the Nativ Vita internet pages especially regarding the user interface and the connectability with a wide range of different streaming services and casting platforms fully integrated into B&O multiform. Certainly B&O would not need  the amplifier and I personally would not need the offered local storage because I use a NAS.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,733
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Jul 13 2019 10:18 PM

@ Alsfeld. That's a good idea then.

YouTube. Click her.

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,360
Bronze Member
CB replied on Sun, Jul 14 2019 5:44 AM
Hi

Have a look here

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/20069/165643.aspx#165643
BeoMatthew
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member

Neat looking product, but considering how poorly the Moment sold and how many holes there are in the main product portfolio it would seem like a very low priority.

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 126
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Mon, Jul 15 2019 7:37 PM
It’s more like the Beosound 5. They even have a ripping module to go with it.
seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 674
Silver Member
Given the terrible and abysmal time to resolve basic software problems in the Moment and the fact that the Bs5 was 5 years too late and obsolete when it was released, its probably a good idea that B&O don’t release any audio systems. There’s only so many times a beloved can shame you before its excommunicated from your affections. For the sake of human decency and any remaining self respect, its best that B&O stay as far from audio systems as possible.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 652
Silver Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Mon, Jul 15 2019 11:21 PM

seethroughyou:
Given the terrible and abysmal time to resolve basic software problems in the Moment and the fact that the Bs5 was 5 years too late and obsolete when it was released, its probably a good idea that B&O don’t release any audio systems. There’s only so many times a beloved can shame you before its excommunicated from your affections. For the sake of human decency and any remaining self respect, its best that B&O stay as far from audio systems as possible.

Do I detect a bit of animosity here?

Almost T-shirt material... 

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 231
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Tue, Jul 16 2019 11:08 AM

BEOVOX141:

seethroughyou:

Do I detect a bit of animosity here?

Almost T-shirt material... 

I looked up self-respect. B&O have plenty of self-respect. Whistle

Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Founder
Alsfeld replied on Tue, Jul 16 2019 8:02 PM

BeoMatthew:
... and how many holes there are in the main product portfolio ...

What are the main holes you are seeing in the product portfolio?
I see:

1. B&O soundbar (see https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/37493.aspx)
  2. A professional B&O app, not a amateur version as offered (see https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/37425.aspx)
  3. A audio system (similar to the Native Vita Wink)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL