This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 1,511
Gold Member
Steve at Sounds Heavenly Posted: Tue, Jul 9 2019 4:36 PM

Hi Beoworlders,

Over the years, I have heard of some quite strange B&O systems, including outdoor Beolab 5s on motorised lifts and Beolab 8000 "stalactites" hanging from ceilings, so I was wondering what other weird and wonderful B&O setups you have seen?

Here's a link to one from my own home to start things off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jffZ44m14rI

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 107
Bronze Member
BL90 poolside?
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,511
Gold Member

Hi,

I had heard about that one, but wondered if it was an "urban myth"?  Has anyone seen any pictures?

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,206
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Jul 11 2019 11:38 AM
Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

Hi,

I had heard about that one, but wondered if it was an "urban myth"? Has anyone seen any pictures?

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/33396/251215.aspx
Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 817
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Thu, Jul 11 2019 4:21 PM

You will give Kiran ideas for outdoor speakers!

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 817
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Thu, Jul 11 2019 4:32 PM
All of this is connected to my beolink active PC input (cable supplied by Steve) the active kit is connected to an amplifier and 2 x S45, and 2 x P45’s - there are a few switch boxes to select sources and output to tape - so I can listen to the stereo in the house or any of the ham radio kit, game pc or my mac through the B&O kit. Quality of the Ham radio is so much better hooked upto the beolink active!

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 107
Bronze Member
PaulGiles replied on Thu, Jul 11 2019 5:40 PM
BL18 for hot tub sound?
PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 107
Bronze Member
PaulGiles replied on Thu, Jul 11 2019 5:44 PM

Beolab 90 as side speaker Wink

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,511
Gold Member

Hi Andrew,

I love the ham radio setup - that looks even busier than my workshop when I have the synthesizers set up.......

Am I the only one who cringed at Paul's picture of the Beolab 18 outdoors? Crying

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 653
Silver Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Thu, Jul 11 2019 7:54 PM

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:
Am I the only one who cringed at Paul's picture of the Beolab 18 outdoors? Crying

No, an electrical device without earth and an outdoor tub... Lightning

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 107
Bronze Member
PaulGiles replied on Thu, Jul 11 2019 8:03 PM
It’s funny this thread started as I was using the AR APP. It is sooo realistic! What a superb piece of software that does not get mentioned very much.

Great sales tool.

Neither pics (apart from the BL8000) are real 😀
Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 735
Gold Member
Andrew:

All of this is connected to my beolink active PC input (cable supplied by Steve) the active kit is connected to an amplifier and 2 x S45, and 2 x P45’s - there are a few switch boxes to select sources and output to tape - so I can listen to the stereo in the house or any of the ham radio kit, game pc or my mac through the B&O kit. Quality of the Ham radio is so much better hooked upto the beolink active!

I’ve got the same Hallicrafter in my kitchen!
Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 817
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Sat, Jul 13 2019 3:11 PM

Hi Beogrowler - it is a fantastic radio - I can pick up Chinese broadcasts on it - I believe they are 1939 vintage but not sure? The old Yaesu's are about 1965 and my father bought them in singapore - still going strong.

Steve - this is just one part of the room - it's atcually my garage that I had split in two - the other half of this room has my work Mac and that is wired in too and on the other side the game PC that I use just for FlighT Simulator FSX through a projector.

The sound from all the sources through the B&O Active, Amp and Speakers is absolutely excellent wether it is ham radio (really good clarity on spreach) or aeroplane noise (lots of bass and engine sound)  and I get to use the main system in the house from the garage - useful when working during the day or for BBQ's in the garden.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL