Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 68 Replies | 3 Followers

David
Not Ranked
Oxford
42 Posts
Gold Member
David posted on Thu, Jul 4 2019 9:07 PM

Thanks to Steve Devonshire for finally making this a real prospect

Bang & Olufsen, Beovision Harmony (VIP PRE LAUNCH + EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH STEVE DEVONSHIRE) - YouTube

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,470 Posts
Bronze Member

Let's see how it pans out.

Again, from what I was told the sound bar product is relatively simple, as perhaps evidenced by the absence of PUC / PL. Whether it will be WISA capable, who knows, perhaps.  Despite being simple, it will still have an audience - after all, there are a few who use a BS 35/3500 as a sound bar with TV's, with the facility to also act as a multi room speaker (hence the inclusion of NL). And it may be trying to compete more with the higher end sound bar market, where many can wirelessly connect to a sub to boost the performance and add some flexibility i.e. aimed just as much towards those with no other B&O home architecture.

The other part of what I was told was that a sound centre a la Eclipse, effectively a Beosystem 5 *** centre speaker will come, but not till next year.

There will also be a new remote, which is potentially very attractive, being an enlarged Essence remote form factor, with a screen in the middle...hopefully that really does see the light of day later this year. As compared to the current BR One, it may well be more friendly to selecting / browsing music.

Anyway, lets see, there's always a certain fluidity to these things.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,430 Posts
Bronze Member

Just a better soundbar, then ;-(

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,430 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

The other part of what I was told was that a sound centre a la Eclipse, effectively a Beosystem 5 *** centre speaker will come, but not till next year.

Worth waiting for, then ;-)

MM

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,470 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

Worth waiting for, then ;-)

MM

Definitely yes - what many have wanted I think
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,430 Posts
Bronze Member

I guess many (and that is just a few, when you consider the target group of B&O) have been waiting for something WITHOUT a buit-in center speaker.

MM

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
425 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

I guess many (and that is just a few, when you consider the target group of B&O) have been waiting for something WITHOUT a built-in center speaker.

MM

Surprised that the more advanced centre speaker is not launched first re BL90 vs50. I don’t think it could cost more than the eclipse bottom part without the stand and tv around 3500 GBP?
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,399 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Jul 8 2019 9:49 AM

Millemissen:

I guess many (and that is just a few, when you consider the target group of B&O) have been waiting for something WITHOUT a buit-in center speaker.

MM

Count me in. A real Beosystem 5 (AV-Preamp, Home automation, Multi Room Audio center ...) in a usable (= rack) format case would be very nice!

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,470 Posts
Bronze Member
It’s likely to be close to the equivalent of the Eclipse sound centre, I.e a centre speaker with all the connections etc.

The upcoming sound bar is a simple product, like many other sound bars.

You’ll have to wait quite a while for the thing you are looking for
vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
425 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb:

It’s likely to be close to the equivalent of the Eclipse sound centre, I.e a centre speaker with all the connections etc.

The upcoming sound bar is a simple product, like many other sound bars.

You’ll have to wait quite a while for the thing you are looking for

I think the price would be about £3.8k then base on the cost of eclipse speaker only
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,470 Posts
Bronze Member
Assume it would be in that region yes.

The more simple sound bar will be much more modestly priced. I think Roger mentioned around 1500 a few months ago in the original Horizon thread.

Styrizo
Not Ranked
Madrid
8 Posts
Bronze Member

1500 sounds a bit "low" compared to what they are charging for a BeoSound 1. If this is supposed to emulate surround sound my guess is that it will come with more than 2 speakers (which is what the BS1 has).

Anyway, what I would really want B&O to launch is that new "BeoSystem 5"

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
425 Posts
Bronze Member
Styrizo:

1500 sounds a bit "low" compared to what they are charging for a BeoSound 1. If this is supposed to emulate surround sound my guess is that it will come with more than 2 speakers (which is what the BS1 has).

Anyway, what I would really want B&O to launch is that new "BeoSystem 5"

For true BO multiroom/wise users I can’t see cheaper version being of too much use unless it is is for a second room?
BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

... as to Beosystem 5 rumors.

The predecessors were all combined Audio/Video processors, but unfortunately I doubt there isn't any competence left to implement any video functionality, like something as simple like a TV tuner.

But since most audio today is carried through an HDMI interface a Beosys 5 needs an HDMI matrix, a SOC to extract the audio and the appropriate codecs witch undoubtedly will be reflected on the price tag 

Or the Beosys 5 could simply be a revamp of the Core, i.e a simple digital audio switch.

Whats you take ?

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
508 Posts
Founder

David :

Will be a shame if I cant use it as a centre channel for my other Beolab's. I would have expected B&O to produce a product that would give them the possibility to upsell more speakers. I guess I will just have to keep waiting if this is true.

EXACTLY.. If I would buy a B&O soundbar then I would expect it to behave as a center speaker in a surround setup.

Karel.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
253 Posts
Bronze Member

BEOVOX141:

... as to Beosystem 5 rumors.

The predecessors were all combined Audio/Video processors, but unfortunately I doubt there isn't any competence left to implement any video functionality, like something as simple like a TV tuner.

But since most audio today is carried through an HDMI interface a Beosys 5 needs an HDMI matrix, a SOC to extract the audio and the appropriate codecs witch undoubtedly will be reflected on the price tag 

Or the Beosys 5 could simply be a revamp of the Core, i.e a simple digital audio switch.

Whats you take ?

They never had an HDMI matrix before, so I really doubt there is any energy to be last and most expensive in that market. 

I look forward to seeing a beoplay type soundbar that competes. I hope they are capable of building on the current tech to offer Beosystem-whatever with or without a speaker. It could help the classic brand. If not, there is always Peter Pan. 

Page 2 of 5 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL