Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 68 Replies | 3 Followers

David
Not Ranked
Oxford
40 Posts
Gold Member
David posted on Thu, Jul 4 2019 9:07 PM

Thanks to Steve Devonshire for finally making this a real prospect

Bang & Olufsen, Beovision Harmony (VIP PRE LAUNCH + EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH STEVE DEVONSHIRE) - YouTube

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,281 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for sharing it here.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
861 Posts
Gold Member

Yes - thumbs up

And it'll look great too Big Smile

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
538 Posts
Bronze Member

Well, now we need to wait for September 6th and day 1 of IFA Berlin. ;)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,281 Posts
Bronze Member

Mikipidia:

Yes - thumbs up

And it'll look great too Big Smile

Not knowing how it looks (or for that matter how it works).

But I assume that STBBrackets could (?) come up with some decent solutions for a proper combination with the LG tv’s, different stands etc.

MM

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
861 Posts
Gold Member

of course they could do that and probably already haveStick out tongue

and if you watched the interview it'll(the remote) work via software. So most likely the same app as for the harmony.

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,281 Posts
Bronze Member

Mikipidia:

it'll(the remote) work via software. So most likely the same app as for the harmony.

Sure - it must be.

That - actually - was one of the things, that I thought that John could have talked about in his Harmony video.

But that is/was probably too early.

MM

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member

I made this point at the time of the Harmony release - I believe all LG OLED's this year (at least C series and higher) will have the software and be able to talk to a BR One.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
420 Posts
Bronze Member
David :

Thanks to Steve Devonshire for finally making this a real prospect

Bang & Olufsen, Beovision Harmony (VIP PRE LAUNCH + EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH STEVE DEVONSHIRE) - YouTube

Surprised that there is no more info on this

Price, NL compatible multiroom, would bo produce a motorised stand on its own?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,281 Posts
Bronze Member

I am. Ot so sure it was meant to be talked about yet - or maybe it is just a teaser.

The dealers - at least some of them - seem to know about it....or something about it.

I don’t expect any more details untill september ——- or if a dealer somewhere hints something.

If this product (together with an LG-tv)  however, will serve those who are used to a BV, is a great question.

It’s about PUC and HDMI ports, about PL connections, about sound engine/up and downmixing, about 3.0 or 2.0 configuration etc.....

I can rarely think that it won’t be NL compatible (just like any other recent audio product from B&O).

I can’t imagine B&O making any stand option for the package - but STBBracket might!

However, I am sure that it won’t come cheap!

So, I am impatient waiting for more details - just like you.

MM

David
Not Ranked
Oxford
40 Posts
Gold Member

I'm guessing Steve is just giving us a teaser.

I have no idea what it will look like either but my guess is it will look amazing and I already know I want one. Maybe B&O will go with some pre launch information like with the Harmony. That approach appears to have generated a great deal of interest and many have already ordered. 

Come on B&O. The more you can tell us now, the more you can fill up those order books. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,281 Posts
Bronze Member

Don’t forget - it is summer vacation time now.....you won’t hear much from Struer untill after that.

MM

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
861 Posts
Gold Member

It looks great imo, people have seen the leaks that got pulled.

I was told no on PUC and a no on PL, but a yes on NL. I took it as a more stand alone product.

Also I was told it'll be priced competitively, for a high end soundbar, and will sound amazing compared and I believe it and it's not just marketing speak. I think it'll hit a lot of USP's we all want and maybe more. I am very excited for itBig Smile

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
Indeed, I was told pretty much the same I.e. a standalone product. Anyone expecting a fully fledged Beosystem 5 type center channel will have to wait until next year.

With respect to this sound bar, with no PUC, I wonder what the (remote) control choice will be.
David
Not Ranked
Oxford
40 Posts
Gold Member

Sandyb:
Indeed, I was told pretty much the same I.e. a standalone product. Anyone expecting a fully fledged Beosystem 5 type center channel will have to wait until next year.

With respect to this sound bar, with no PUC, I wonder what the (remote) control choice will be.

Will be a shame if I cant use it as a centre channel for my other Beolab's. I would have expected B&O to produce a product that would give them the possibility to upsell more speakers. I guess I will just have to keep waiting if this is true.

Page 1 of 5 (69 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL