Introduction BeoVision Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 109 Replies | 1 Follower

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
693 Posts
Bronze Member
kuyttendaele posted on Sun, Jun 23 2019 11:35 AM

Soooo... last Friday there was an introduction event of the Harmony at my dealer's place.

Some pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuyttendaele/albums/72157709213805051

My remarks:

The set is BIIIIG... but at the same time it's a piece of art when in the OFF/sound modus. What I didn't know was that there's a small led light between the speakers that turned on when the speakers fold open or close :-)

Soundwise no complaints at all... Picture quality to notch on 4K HDR and the set does a pretty good job on turning standard 1024p stuff onto the big screen.

Pricewise... This set is more or less the same price as the BeoVision 5 (or 9) if I recall. So there is definitly a market for the set!

I was hesitant when I first saw the pictures online. But you have to see the set in real life to appreciate it. B&O have done a very good job in turning a standard LG screen into something special!

Afterwards received a nice bottle of B&O rum... Haven't tasted it though.. But it'll probably have some software faults *joke*

Karel.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
798 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by misled

A monster of a tv! Looks fabulous in your place though Miki...

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

All Replies

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
3,517 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

I made a decision over the weekend to get the LG GX + Stage, rather than wait, and wall-mount the GX. In fact, I've decided to get two of these setups, for both rooms (where the BV12-65 was located), which still leaves me with money to spare versus an Eclipse purchase.

I love the idea of the Eclipse and adore the oak fret, but just can't justify the £7K+ for the 2017 panel nor wait months for an Eclipse v2. The dealer I spoke to last month said 'September', so it's definitely 3-4 months away.

I’ve been mulling over the idea, as I’m terrified of bring the Eclipse out here to be honest.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,329 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, May 25 2020 10:54 PM

Chris Townsend:

I’ve been mulling over the idea, as I’m terrified of bring the Eclipse out here to be honest.

When I realised I could buy 2 x LG GX + Stage + BeoRemote and still have money to spare, I was sold.

I moved my BV11 from the wall to an easel stand the other day and I'm *so* used to it being on the wall, I forgot it's low on the easel stand and the sound experience is very different. I guess with the wall, the BV11 speaker uses the solid wall behind to enhance the bass? Without it, free standing, it's very different.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
736 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Emil Jensen:

The Eclipse have a custom LG Screen, therefore the Eclipse have to be altered in some way.

But my guess is that the reason the Eclipse V2 is not launched, is because they clearly still have the custom panel in stock.

I made a decision over the weekend to get the LG GX + Stage, rather than wait, and wall-mount the GX. In fact, I've decided to get two of these setups, for both rooms (where the BV12-65 was located), which still leaves me with money to spare versus an Eclipse purchase.

I love the idea of the Eclipse and adore the oak fret, but just can't justify the £7K+ for the 2017 panel nor wait months for an Eclipse v2. The dealer I spoke to last month said 'September', so it's definitely 3-4 months away.

The Eclipse is not very attractive now if you need, or want the newest tech.

And the GX is really nice wall mounted, so a good solution.

And I think that if you later is missing the function of a more capable Beovision you can easily upgrade the Stage to a Eclipse soundcenter.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,329 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, May 26 2020 8:52 PM

Emil Jensen:

The Eclipse is not very attractive now if you need, or want the newest tech.

Just had chat with a separate (as in, he doesn't know me) UK B&O dealer this afternoon and he says there's no idea when an Eclipse v2 is coming. He thinks August would be unlikely as dealers would know by now - he has a point. Dealers generally have an idea what's coming in the next 3-6 months.

He also claims that the Harmony is selling better than expected and that engineer resources have been diverted away from an Eclipse update to Harmony updates, which is one reason why an Eclipse v2 might be delayed.

Interestingly, he also claimed he thinks we're likely to see an updated Horizon before an Eclipse v2. He claims there's a lot more demand for the smaller screens with your typical B&O customer.

But, to conclude, he also recommended getting the GX + Stage setup.

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
384 Posts
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Wed, May 27 2020 2:42 PM

Hi Moxxey,

I made the calculated decision on a 65 LG and stage for bedroom, very pleased with sound and beo remote integration.

On the negative I know it’s a 4K oled panel, but I only use it for 4K material as my beovison 11 has a better picture on all sources, and with a blue ray competes with the oled with compressed Netflix 4K.

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
384 Posts
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Wed, May 27 2020 2:46 PM

I must add after having nunerous beovisons over the last 20 years, I do miss the curtains, but love web os. I just wish B&o just added the curtains to the screen just to make it slightly different from the standard panel.

At least historically when they used standard panels like Panasonic commercial at least they put their touch on it.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
514 Posts
Bronze Member

I used to own a B&O plasma and it was really impressive. Unfortunately, once I ended up switching to Pioneer plasmas (which made it possible to connect to B&O speakers) it was hard to justify buying another BV for me. I did consider the Eclipse, but ended up with a Sony OLED and still kept my B&O speakers. It's one reason why I think the new LG GX + Stage combination as well as the upgradeable panel strategy with Harmony is smart.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
384 Posts
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Wed, May 27 2020 3:26 PM

I was the opposite, years ago, I went down the Kuro Pioneer route and separates, but missed the integration, looks and ease of use, sold it for Beovison and beolab after short spell on the grass is greener.

I know televisions are all about picture quality, if that was the case we wouldn’t buy Beovison, I see the integration part and sound as a plus point too.

I just find it hard to buy a eclipse with a inferior panel to my C9 or a Harmony with a standard panel, I bought my 65 C9 for £1600 Brand new so makes the Harmony look expensive for Sound and processor and engineering masterpiece.If the 65 was £9k I could live with that but not 4 LG 65c9 and stage combo nice.

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
384 Posts
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Wed, May 27 2020 3:30 PM

I stand by my statement that the last all round great Denmark made Beovison is the 11-46 or 55, rock solid, great picture still on all sources and sound capabilities.

Yes the 7-55 is a great tv but bs3 not as good as 11 bs4, and the avant 55 panel is not as good all round picture on all different sources either.

I just wish they bring out a Beovison with 48 oled or a smaller led, Not everyone in UK wants or has the space for large TVs in every room, by bv6-26 gets used as much as the others.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
693 Posts
Bronze Member
An update to the BV10/11/14 range with an 48” OLED screen and internal Stage for speakers... that would be an brilliant TV.

Karel.
mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,821 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, May 27 2020 10:42 PM

Yes a BV11 design like a toaster where you can slide in your OLED panel ! Big Smile

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
216 Posts
Gold Member
andy_js replied on Wed, May 27 2020 11:26 PM
A 48” OLED TV with a BV11 style design (the Eclipse is nearly there) and I’d finally upgrade.
misled
Not Ranked
Switzerland
15 Posts
Bronze Member
misled replied on Mon, Oct 26 2020 2:50 PM

Question:

is it possible to pair/connect a BeoRemote Essence to BV Harmony?

thanx

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
3,517 Posts
Bronze Member
kuyttendaele:

An update to the BV10/11/14 range with an 48” OLED screen and internal Stage for speakers... that would be an brilliant TV.

Karel.

It’s interesting people keep saying that. I had to sell my Eclipse recently for various miserable reasons, and it had by far the best picture of any television I’d owned.

I’ve currently got a 10-40 paired with a neighbour destroying Beolab 2. If I got my life back on track tomorrow and had the ability to replace my 10 with something bigger and better, I’d honestly get an 11-55 over an Eclipse. It’s form factor is just timeless and I can’t believe I get rid of mine now all those years ago, in pursuit of more pixels or screen lighting systems.

Sounds obvious now, but it just goes to show a Beovision is more than just a picture.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,329 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:02 PM

Chris Townsend:
I can’t believe I get rid of mine now all those years ago, in pursuit of more pixels or screen lighting systems.

It's actually quite easy to believe. The original idea behind the Eclipse was a modular TV. That was how it was touted by dealers (and to a lesser degree B&O), where you could swap out the panel for a newer version at a later date. B&O could then keep the same design and do the same. For various reasons, perhaps due to over-committing on stock, this plan didn't work out for Eclipse v1 (owners of v1 have forgotten we were all told the panel would be updatable).

Hopefully the Eclipse v2 will finally fix this and offer a TV which can receive a panel update.

The BV11 is none of these. It's also a complete custom unit. I bet it cost B&O a small fortune for them to produce those custom metal cases, plus you need a panel you can slot in, a panel you don't over-commit so you don't have another Eclipse v1 'custom panel' issue where it stays stocked for 4 years and many more issues related to production cost and efficiency.

So, taking all this in to account, it's very easy to believe, if you think about production, stock and cost-cutting in a very very difficult market!

Page 6 of 8 (110 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL