Introduction BeoVision Harmony

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 86 Replies | 1 Follower

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
552 Posts
Founder
kuyttendaele posted on Sun, Jun 23 2019 11:35 AM

Soooo... last Friday there was an introduction event of the Harmony at my dealer's place.

Some pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuyttendaele/albums/72157709213805051

My remarks:

The set is BIIIIG... but at the same time it's a piece of art when in the OFF/sound modus. What I didn't know was that there's a small led light between the speakers that turned on when the speakers fold open or close :-)

Soundwise no complaints at all... Picture quality to notch on 4K HDR and the set does a pretty good job on turning standard 1024p stuff onto the big screen.

Pricewise... This set is more or less the same price as the BeoVision 5 (or 9) if I recall. So there is definitly a market for the set!

I was hesitant when I first saw the pictures online. But you have to see the set in real life to appreciate it. B&O have done a very good job in turning a standard LG screen into something special!

Afterwards received a nice bottle of B&O rum... Haven't tasted it though.. But it'll probably have some software faults *joke*

Karel.

All Replies

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Fri, May 22 2020 11:16 PM
mbee:

The 2020 version of the Harmony has been launched.

- 88" (8K) available. I've asked if the sound center has been upgraded to 8K but I'm 99,9% sure it's still 4K. Based on the 88ZX panel from LG.

- 77" and 65" are now based on the LG GX (instead of C9 previously). If you ask what are the differences between a GX and a CX: exactly the same panel and electronics, so picture-wise it's the same TV, but the GX has a full slim body and improved audio... Which are both useless for a Harmony as it's a very deep foot and as the LG speakers are not used. The real reason behind it is that the GX panel is distributed via a more selected distributor network, so it's price (700€ more than the CX) will be consistent and you will not have the feeling that B&O is selling you a LG TV at the standard price when it's on sale everywhere.

diisign.com

40k will not be enoughSurprise

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,732 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Sat, May 23 2020 8:37 AM

Indeed: official LG price for the 88ZX : 29999€. Add to this a stand that should be 8100€ or more, two panels in wood for 2000€... And the remote for 260€... Yes, the 40k are reached easily!

kawo
Not Ranked
64 Posts
Founder
kawo replied on Sun, May 24 2020 6:53 AM

My local shop ordered the 88" Harmony, they will have it on display in two of their shops, really looking forward to see the "monster" in flesh. I guess my just ordered 65" Harmony will look small and tiny next to it... just imagine the 2 massive wood panels!

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
552 Posts
Founder

So the lift mechanisme of the Harmony must be pretty tough if you can just switch between an 55" and an 88" piece of glass!

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,732 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Sun, May 24 2020 5:03 PM

Indeed, a 80kg stand is a little bit oversized for a 65 inches TV weighting less than 20kg...

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sun, May 24 2020 5:06 PM
The 8k 88” is only 40kg.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
552 Posts
Founder

mbee:

Indeed, a 80kg stand is a little bit oversized for a 65 inches TV weighting less than 20kg...

It's not exactly the stand I'm talking about... It's the motors that must do the lifting...

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,968 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, May 24 2020 9:34 PM

mbee:

News in the dealer system.

Off-topic, but if the Harmony has been upgraded with an LG GX screen, the Eclipse can't be that far beind. Any news on this?

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,732 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Sun, May 24 2020 9:43 PM

@kuyttendaele : the 80kg must include big powerful motors and not only steel & aluminum!Big Smile

@Moxxey : it was only a news about the Harmony, nothing concerning the Eclipse, but we didn't search for that. An Eclipse could benefit a bit more of the GX design if they adapt the sound center to this full slim design.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
499 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

mbee:

News in the dealer system.

Off-topic, but if the Harmony has been upgraded with an LG GX screen, the Eclipse can't be that far beind. Any news on this?

The Hamony have always used a standard LG Screen, so nothing have been upgraded from B&O

The Eclipse have a custom LG Screen, therefore the Eclipse have to be altered in some way.

But my guess is that the reason the Eclipse V2 is not launched, is because they clearly still have the custom panel in stock.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

kawo
Not Ranked
64 Posts
Founder
kawo replied on Mon, May 25 2020 8:34 AM

When I ordered the Harmony this Saturday I discussed with my local shop couple of options. He mentioned to me the the Soundcenter for the 88" also a 77" can be fitted, but not a 65". So it looks like there will be a separate SKU for this heavy piece. He expects the Eclipse in August, with an updated way to mount the screen on the sound center, he also mentioned the screen will be sitting 5mm higher on the sound center. But no positive information if the "old" sound center can be upgraded by a a new mounting kit (potentially nice opportunity for STB Brackets)

I would love to see B&O care more about our heavy investments as a customer in the brand to support future upgrades path. B&O has been never good at that. I am almost sure that a lot customers would upgrade the electronics in a eclipse or harmony for future formats, or room correction systems or what ever. 

Also think about the dealer if there is an upgrade kit for the Eclipse form the the old panel to the CX, a lot of extra business and a good way to get in touch with customers. At least my shop would love to see this.

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
459 Posts
Gold Member
That should be a great option indeed! Upgrade possibility would make the investment in a Eclipse feel more durable

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,968 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, May 25 2020 6:18 PM

Emil Jensen:

The Eclipse have a custom LG Screen, therefore the Eclipse have to be altered in some way.

But my guess is that the reason the Eclipse V2 is not launched, is because they clearly still have the custom panel in stock.

I made a decision over the weekend to get the LG GX + Stage, rather than wait, and wall-mount the GX. In fact, I've decided to get two of these setups, for both rooms (where the BV12-65 was located), which still leaves me with money to spare versus an Eclipse purchase.

I love the idea of the Eclipse and adore the oak fret, but just can't justify the £7K+ for the 2017 panel nor wait months for an Eclipse v2. The dealer I spoke to last month said 'September', so it's definitely 3-4 months away.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,656 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, May 25 2020 6:44 PM
Nice- the GX wall mounted looks fantastic

Jaffrey2230
Top 200 Contributor
Washington DC
307 Posts
Bronze Member

I agree, the GX and Stage are a perfect match. I’d do that in a heart beat as well. 

B&O products I use by zones in my home: 

Platform: Apple Home with Google Wi-fi (mesh), 100% streaming audio (Sirius XM, Apple Music, YouTube Music); TV/Office: Beolab 8002 (Red) + Beolab 2 [Sony 65A1E OLED TV, Apple TV 4K];  Living: Beoplay A9 (MK2), Bedroom: Beolab 6000 (Red) + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core [LG UST Projector, Apple TV 4K]; Beoplay M5 Dining: Apple HomePod; Portable: Beosound 1, Beoplay P6, BeoPlay H9 (3rd Gen). 

Page 5 of 6 (87 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL