Introduction BeoVision Harmony

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 56 Replies | 0 Followers

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
508 Posts
Founder
kuyttendaele posted on Sun, Jun 23 2019 11:35 AM

Soooo... last Friday there was an introduction event of the Harmony at my dealer's place.

Some pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuyttendaele/albums/72157709213805051

My remarks:

The set is BIIIIG... but at the same time it's a piece of art when in the OFF/sound modus. What I didn't know was that there's a small led light between the speakers that turned on when the speakers fold open or close :-)

Soundwise no complaints at all... Picture quality to notch on 4K HDR and the set does a pretty good job on turning standard 1024p stuff onto the big screen.

Pricewise... This set is more or less the same price as the BeoVision 5 (or 9) if I recall. So there is definitly a market for the set!

I was hesitant when I first saw the pictures online. But you have to see the set in real life to appreciate it. B&O have done a very good job in turning a standard LG screen into something special!

Afterwards received a nice bottle of B&O rum... Haven't tasted it though.. But it'll probably have some software faults *joke*

Karel.

All Replies

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
194 Posts
Silver Member

Lareny:

So, the big question is will you in the future when 8K and eventually 16K screens are more available (and affordable) be possible to upgrade the current LG 4K screen with an 8k or 16k screen only, i.e. retain the B&O speakers/stand/controller but replace the screen?

Is the 4k driver components in the B&O part of the unit, or in the LG screen? I would assume in the screen, but with B&O you never know, they prefer to sell you a complete new unit rather than upgrade.

My dealer said yes. The screen is basically on a VESA mount connected to the motorised stand. The only thing is that all the settings for the B&O stuff (speaker groups, roles, WISA,etc) are managed by an LG WebOS App which will be available only on certain models (the C9 as it stands now). In the future they will be able to limit which TV sets can be used with the Harmony by selectively enabling access to the app.

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
194 Posts
Silver Member

Is the TV connected to the speaker with an HDMI cable? If so, what are the actually usable HDMI ports, 3 or 4?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,353 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Oct 31 2019 8:34 AM

Marcello:

Is the TV connected to the speaker with an HDMI cable? If so, what are the actually usable HDMI ports, 3 or 4?

All information is available here:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/sections/360002570080-Start-here

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,442 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank....must be quite new.

You may have noticed that there is a port for a Stand....which in this case is not in use.

This might indicate that the same platform ‘could’ be used for another configuration of a speakers part and an LG-tv.....maybe sometime.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
194 Posts
Silver Member
Marcello replied on Thu, Oct 31 2019 10:07 AM

Millemissen:

Thank....must be quite new.

You may have noticed that there is a port for a Stand....which in this case is not in use.

This might indicate that the same platform ‘could’ be used for another configuration of a speakers part and an LG-tv.....maybe sometime.

MM

Yes, we need both a vertical and rotational movement at the same time! :)

Top 500 Contributor
219 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Oct 31 2019 4:03 PM

Pricing for the 65" Harmony is announced at 13.500/14.500.

It reveals the flexibility of the product: the Soundheart and the stand are the same. Only the LG panel, panel adapter (100 euro) and the fronts are different (500 euro price difference between 65" and 77").

Makes the product very flexible when moving house etc.

Pricing is: 8.100 for Harmony, 540 for the wall/floor stand, 100 for panel adapter, 260 for BR1.

Fronts in wood: 2.000 for 65" and 2.500 for 77"

Fronts in cloth: 1.000 for 65" and 1.500 for 77"

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,442 Posts
Bronze Member
Ditlev
Not Ranked
45 Posts
Bronze Member
Ditlev replied on Fri, Nov 8 2019 12:53 PM

We had ours setup last week. It was not easy to do, especially with the wall bracket. 

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,472 Posts
Bronze Member

Nice, I know those guys!

Michael has been to mine many many times!

Cant tell from the angle of the picture, but isn't the TV pretty high up?

Just a question, as I dont know the restrictions of the room.

Ditlev:

We had ours setup last week. It was not easy to do, especially with the wall bracket. 

Ditlev
Not Ranked
45 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes - it is slightly high up :) and just when it was put up I was a bit concerned - but it’s a very long room, about 18 meters, so actually it’s working out ok (or so I am telling myself :))

Michael is great :)

chickenceo
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member

So does the Eclipse work in the same way that you can change the panel by yourself?

1990:

Pricing for the 65" Harmony is announced at 13.500/14.500.

It reveals the flexibility of the product: the Soundheart and the stand are the same. Only the LG panel, panel adapter (100 euro) and the fronts are different (500 euro price difference between 65" and 77").

Makes the product very flexible when moving house etc.

Pricing is: 8.100 for Harmony, 540 for the wall/floor stand, 100 for panel adapter, 260 for BR1.

Fronts in wood: 2.000 for 65" and 2.500 for 77"

Fronts in cloth: 1.000 for 65" and 1.500 for 77"

BL8000, BL10, BL4000, BL2, BL3 (Sold), Beocentre 2, Pioneer LX83 amp, LG C8

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,472 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Nov 19 2019 8:55 AM
chickenceo:

So does the Eclipse work in the same way that you can change the panel by yourself?

BL8000, BL10, BL4000, BL2, BL3 (Sold), Beocentre 2, Pioneer LX83 amp, LG C8

No, don’t believe so
Page 4 of 4 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL