Introduction BeoVision Harmony

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 41 Replies | 0 Followers

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
507 Posts
Founder
kuyttendaele posted on Sun, Jun 23 2019 11:35 AM

Soooo... last Friday there was an introduction event of the Harmony at my dealer's place.

Some pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuyttendaele/albums/72157709213805051

My remarks:

The set is BIIIIG... but at the same time it's a piece of art when in the OFF/sound modus. What I didn't know was that there's a small led light between the speakers that turned on when the speakers fold open or close :-)

Soundwise no complaints at all... Picture quality to notch on 4K HDR and the set does a pretty good job on turning standard 1024p stuff onto the big screen.

Pricewise... This set is more or less the same price as the BeoVision 5 (or 9) if I recall. So there is definitly a market for the set!

I was hesitant when I first saw the pictures online. But you have to see the set in real life to appreciate it. B&O have done a very good job in turning a standard LG screen into something special!

Afterwards received a nice bottle of B&O rum... Haven't tasted it though.. But it'll probably have some software faults *joke*

Karel.

All Replies

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,299 Posts
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael:

Regarding the sound Karel,

I was looking up the specs of Harmony and saw that they are 450W and the eclipse is also 450W

The speakers on the harmony look very tiny and not near as big as the ones on the eclipse.

Would you say, if you have heard an eclipse,is a harmony better or?

To me it seems all of the space of the butterfly effect of the harmony speakers is taken up by plastic rather than actual speakers.

Happy to hear your thoughts as you have heard it.

Thanks

M

I thought the same.

All that cosmetic real estate and so few small speakers. Now I’ve seen it if I owned one I don’t think I couldn’t keep thinking about it. Potty I know but still.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
128 Posts
Bronze Member
It has drivers at the rear though too?
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,343 Posts
Bronze Member

it has two down firing drivers that are situated underneath the TV bit for bass

adlcorbett
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
Does / will Harmony have the Apple TV app installed?
Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
423 Posts
Bronze Member

adlcorbett:
Does / will Harmony have the Apple TV app installed?

As it is a standard LG C9 the answer is yes.

I am curios how well it will work, personally I think I still would go for a Apple TV.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jul 18 2019 2:33 PM

I believe only Samsung (18 and 19 models) will get the Apple TV app natively.

The announcement early in the year was that LG (and others) would get Airplay 2 and Homekit, but that Samsung would get Apple TV app plus Airplay 2.

At the time of the announcement, they said the Apple TV app would (may?) come to other TV brands in the future, but there is no firm commitment or date as far as I can see.

So no, the Harmony won't have the Apple TV app, at least not for quite a while I would suggest.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
423 Posts
Bronze Member

Good call Sandyb,

Forgot that there was a difference, so yea Apple TV it still you best bet, but it works really well with the Beoremote.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,342 Posts
Bronze Member

BV Harmony on wall bracket:

https://youtu.be/di9AoJIpFbY

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,332 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Oct 10 2019 9:51 AM
Millemissen:

BV Harmony on wall bracket:

https://youtu.be/di9AoJIpFbY

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Video removed Sad

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Beozip
Top 500 Contributor
138 Posts
Bronze Member
Beozip replied on Thu, Oct 10 2019 5:44 PM

here is another link ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klx-x03sZQA&list=PLRPmJ785xnMhzU7YPcFlBxzNRSY4ewyQV&index=16

Smile

Top 500 Contributor
208 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Oct 11 2019 11:06 AM

Beozip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klx-x03sZQA&list=PLRPmJ785xnMhzU7YPcFlBxzNRSY4ewyQV&index=16

Smile

Cool, the software has clearly advanced! Still no footage of "Audio Mode"? I guess setup is the same for Stage + C9?

Curious when the BeoLiving-implementation is ready and what it looks like on screen!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,803 Posts
Bronze Member
Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL