Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
438 Posts
Bronze Member
Mr 10Percent posted on Fri, Jun 14 2019 8:42 AM

Hi All,

I am interested in controlling the volume of my BL90s with a Essence Wheel when streaming from a 3rd Party Streamer. I do not want. BS Core in there and I know the App can and does control volume. I also know that the BR-One can control via the Eclipse. 

3rd Party Streamer >> Essence Remote >> BL90 Vol control.

Any sound advice out there would be welcome

All Replies

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
674 Posts
Silver Member
I use an Essence remote with my BL90. It works but the wheel is either slow to respond and/or takes a lot of turning before you get noticeable volume changes so it is not the most responsive volume control. I sometimes yearn for an old fashioned physical dial on a preamplifier that causes an immediate change in the volume and needs little turning. The remote requires an IR eye which is plugged into the back of the BL90 Master speaker. The eye has a cable which plugs into the back of the BL90 master. I’d get the dealer to wire up the IR eye has the instructions weren’t correct and didn’t work when I wired it up using the instructions provided. Despite the sluggish repsonse, it’s preferable to the volume control on the app. What I should point out is that when the app is running on my iPhone I can use the iPhone’s volume buttons to change the volume which works quite well.
Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
438 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi, thank you STY.

I have both an Essence remote and  Beolink IR (though there are many, I’m sure my original Dealer installers left that with the BL90s).

I wired according to the diagram and set the Essence in IR mode. I suspect that as you suggest the wiring is not correct or the ESsRemote is not very strong?

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
438 Posts
Bronze Member

BTW STY,

I ended up with an Auralic Vega G2 as my streamer, placing the signal crazily enough through its own DAC and XLR cables to the Labs. I’m very pleased with the new sound and feel that I’m hearing a new “clarity or dynamic” that just was not there before via the Beovision/Powerlink routing. 

Rgds

andybandy
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi, 

I am not sure if you have set up the essence remote correctly, you need to put the essence remote in right mode to get it control with the IR eye connected to the BL 90. Then it will work great :) 

And you can use what music system you want. 

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
674 Posts
Silver Member
I got the Remote and BL90 wired and configured by a dealer who consulted Denmark so I assume it was done properly.
andybandy
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member

If you have put it in IR mode, it should not work slove, like when you have it in bluetooth mode. 

I can test it and get back her after a short test next week. 

I read your post again (seethroughyou) and i can see you write you have it in IR mode. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL