rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 82 Replies | 0 Followers

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member
Craig posted on Wed, Jun 12 2019 7:05 PM

Following on from Peters BM8000 I have decided to take a look at this unit, came by way of Solderon (well I have to have something to occupy my time!) I'm not sure about these "modern day" pieces, prefer the metal and wood construction...and the micro-computer thing is also daunting, but they do look rather slick with the digital display.  

All Replies

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Ok output board next.....

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

I now know where the remaining two Bipolar capacitors live ;¬)

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

Isn't that just cool, in all my years working as an EE engineer i have NEVER come across a 100uF bipolar cap like this... I guess you live and learn.

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member
Craig replied on Thu, Jun 27 2019 7:55 AM

Yes....only seen axial ones for cross over's......though I dont have many years in this field, I have read that connecting two polarised caps together can give the same result, Rudi does this with his Beogram's.....as I recall, but seemingly it can lead to problems down the road oxidising the internals?

Craig

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

All done and ready for a test....set the quiet current before I move on.

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Both channels adjust up nicely to the prescribed 22.0mV......

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Offset to 0.0mV or as close as I can get it....set this with PH selected, no input and no speakers....I did find when I selected any of the FM inputs that the Offset mV went up quite a bit...

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Just when everything was going so well I discovered that one of the axial capacitors I had so cleverly replaced with a radial wouldn't fit when the output board was offered up to the casing...…..

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Bit of improvisation with some heat shrink sleeve and the situation has been recovered...

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,835 Posts
Bronze Member

Craig:

Bit of improvisation with some heat shrink sleeve and the situation has been recovered...

Axial caps are still manufactured and available everywhere.

Jacques

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Well....I didn't win any prizes in the draw, but I did get this in the post today....the Kilopoise grease, I just hope the police don't call.....I'm sure to be arrested!

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Removed the secondary operating panel lid and glass plate, will clean the linear sliders...

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Now I can access the lid damper....as can be seen it has been bleeding over the internals of the machine foe a while.....

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Lifted him out for a closer inspection......

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

The operation of the damper feels quite stiff when rotated, however I have no means of comparison for this, but I'm not seeing a way inside to replace the kilopoise grease.....curiously the locating/fixing lugs located around the circumference of the damper appear to have been melted/fused together with a soldering iron....is this factory practice or an attempt to fasten it together tighter and prevent leakage?

either way opening this up may lead to terminal damage...….any advice (Martin, I'm looking at you Wink )

Page 3 of 6 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL