rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 82 Replies | 0 Followers

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member
Craig posted on Wed, Jun 12 2019 7:05 PM

Following on from Peters BM8000 I have decided to take a look at this unit, came by way of Solderon (well I have to have something to occupy my time!) I'm not sure about these "modern day" pieces, prefer the metal and wood construction...and the micro-computer thing is also daunting, but they do look rather slick with the digital display.  

All Replies

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member

As Solderon said the unit is fully functional and only requires a bit of a service

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member

First look inside and after Peters BM8000 I got a bit of a shock at how much space there was inside, not packed to the gunnels with circuit boards and ribbon connectors

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
11,038 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 11:16 AM

And it has the optional remote control module installed.

Martin

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,915 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 8:42 PM

I am sure Martin will confirm or deny, but doesn't  the BM6000 use the same outer skin as the Beocord 8000 and sisters?

Peter

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,851 Posts
Bronze Member
chartz replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 10:38 PM

Exactly!

This was my very first Beomaster, 10 years ago 😋

Jacques

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member

Yes Martin.....and it works too, tried it out with the remote belonging to Peters BM8000 ;¬)

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member

Had a look at the emitter current settings before I start to replace anything.....left channel looks a little on the high side...should be 22mV,

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member

Right channel is a little higher still......I will be changing the pots out for 25 turn units, so now looks like I need to get some components on order...first impressions are it should be easy to work on given the ease of access, we'll see.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,851 Posts
Bronze Member
chartz replied on Sat, Jun 15 2019 5:53 PM

I did a full recap but what it needed most to be stable was the replacement of both trimmers. Before that, it would get hot very quickly. 

You'll see that it gets hotter than the BM 8000 when idle. That's normal.

Jacques

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member

Parts are in so its PCB6 first in line, for no particular reason, I quite like this modular design....very easy access to the boards.

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member

As Jacques said...the nasty looking skeleton pots need to go, although I have to say I have seen them in a lot worse condition in other units.

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member

Big cans from the power supply PCB16 are the same as those within Peters BM8000...

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member

And as the plastic pipes I acquired to resolve replacing Peters Capacitors came in 2m lengths, I will use the same method here. I will solder some eyelets onto the connectors also......

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,521 Posts
Gold Member

However I wasn't expecting this.....C10 on PCB16 2200mf cap has an unlikely connection, looks for all the world like a regular capacitor on the circuit drawing....but turns out to have what looks to me like a heavy screen.....is this required or can I replace it with a regular component.....the old one measures up fine at 2600mf....bit out of spec but not much, also the capacitor C1 which I have yet to remove appears to be the same design...….some advice is required here (Martin?)  ;¬)

Page 1 of 6 (83 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL