Marcel
Not Ranked
Eindhoven-Netherlands
7 Posts
Bronze Member
Marcel posted on Wed, Jun 12 2019 8:01 AM

Dear B&O members,

may I ask for your help?

I have several B&O equipment in 1 livingroom, till yet notthing is connected.

• BC3200 with BL2500 mk1
  • BV7-40 mk3 at motorstand
  • BL 7.4 at the BV7-40
  • 2x BL6000 with PL connection
  • 2x BL Penta mk3
  • 2x Beo4 with SAT button

What I like to see working is that all BL speakers can be used for listning music from the BC3200 and if i want to see TV, all BL can be used for TV sound

the BL 6000 will be set as rearspeakers, the Penta as front and the BL7.4 as center.

I still have to buy all Speakercables (PL 8 pins wired)

Main question is:

• how can I make and realize this setup?
  • Can I use TV volume adjustable over the BC3200?
  • How do I connect everything for a working setup?

If I’m not gave you you all clear information, please just asked me for more input.

As I am complete new with B&O I have totaly no expertise in everything, so my excuses for the inconvinience.

I thank you all for yur kind help and info in advance.

regards,

Marcel (Netherlands) 

Kind regards, vriendelijke groet, herzliche Grüsse,

Marcel

(Eindhoven-Netherlands)

All Replies

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,508 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Marcel,

Welcome to Beoworld!  Yes, you can easily get everything working, with full control from the Beo4 remote.

Please connect all the speakers to the TV with Powerlink cables.  For the Beolab 7.4, 2500 and 6000 speakers, you can use mk.3 Powerlink cables:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/powerlink-8-pin-din-connection/20-266-powerlink-mk-3-compatible-8-pin-din-cable-with-4-cores-wired-low-profile-cable.html#/1-length-05m

For the Beolab Penta speakers, please use fully wired Powerlink mk.2 cables to get the speaker displays working:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/powerlink-8-pin-din-connection/23-314-powerlink-mk-2-compatible-black-8-pin-din-cable-with-fully-wired-8-cores.html#/4-length-3m

Please link the Beosound 3200 to the TV with a Masterlink cable, then you can play CD and radio to all speakers via the TV, with full control of the volume:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/48-link-masterlink-control-and-sync

Please ask if you have any questions.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Marcel
Not Ranked
Eindhoven-Netherlands
7 Posts
Bronze Member
Marcel replied on Mon, Jun 17 2019 4:16 AM

Hello Steve,

thank you very much for your answer. Before I order all my cables, I have still some questions.

can I make a “powerlink chain”?

• Left speaker setup:  start with a powerlink 8/8 from Bv7 to the first Penta and than from the Penta to the first BL6000 with a powerlink 4/4
  • Right speaker setup: same as above

The BL2500 are now connected by a Y split 4/4 powerlink cable at mine Beosound 3200. Do i disconnect them and connect them to bv7? Or....

can i leave this setup as it is and just place a ML cable between the bs3200 and the Bv7?

hopefully you can advice me again. Thank in advance!

Marcel

(Eindhoven-Netherlands)

Marcel
Not Ranked
Eindhoven-Netherlands
7 Posts
Bronze Member
Marcel replied on Mon, Jun 17 2019 4:16 AM

Hello Steve,

thank you very much for your answer. Before I order all my cables, I have still some questions.

can I make a “powerlink chain”?

• Left speaker setup:  start with a powerlink 8/8 from Bv7 to the first Penta and than from the Penta to the first BL6000 with a powerlink 4/4
  • Right speaker setup: same as above

The BL2500 are now connected by a Y split 4/4 powerlink cable at mine Beosound 3200. Do i disconnect them and connect them to bv7? Or....

can i leave this setup as it is and just place a ML cable between the bs3200 and the Bv7?

hopefully you can advice me again. Thank in advance!

Marcel

(Eindhoven-Netherlands)

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,508 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply.  When you are connecting speaker to a B&O TV, please only make a chain with one pair of speakers (eg. Front Left and Front Right speakers), otherwise if you chain more than two speakers you will lose the surround sound from the TV (you will only get stereo sound).

So, you can chain the two Pentas together, but you should not chain these to the other speakers.

You can leave the Beolab 2500 speakers connected to the Beosound if you wish, but you may get better results by adding them to the TV instead to work with the other speakers for full surround sound.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL