Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound Essence MKI: how to select an input source? (SOLVED)

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Tux
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
Tux posted on Sun, Jun 9 2019 10:57 AM

Hi there,

I recently purchased a second hand Beosound Essence MKI and installed it.

I bought the remote with it.

It is connected to my PC (source) and to my BeoLab 4.

What a nightmare to use it! Crying

I installed the B&O application on both Android and iphone mobile phone.

But, I can only listen radios...

In fact, I could listen sound from my PC until I tried the radio and now impossible to come back to the Line In source. The only choice in the source list is Spotify! But I don't want it (I'm using Qobuz instead).

I want to select Line In source again.

How?

Software revision is the last one: 4189 (2018-05-22)

Essence is connected using Wifi to my router.

Many thanks for your help.

Take care.

Tux

All Replies

Tux
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
Tux replied on Sun, Jun 9 2019 11:21 AM

Remarks:

- MP3 from my NAS (Synology) or my BS5 can't be played => error: The selected product does not support Deezer content playback ! (No problem with my BeoPlay M5, it works fine with MP3 files. Audio transcodage is set in Synology Multimedia Server).

- Beosound Essence Remote pilotes the Essence (volume up/down, mute, unmute, next/previous radio) but not the source as the same remote (but another device) does with my Beosound Core.

À+

Tus

Tux
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
Tux replied on Sat, Jun 15 2019 6:31 PM

Hello everyone,

Thanks to a post from another topic of this site I found the answer!  Thanks to Millemissen for his indirect help.

So, the Line-In input detects that a signal is present and the Essence automatically switches to that input. At least for the radio, I could not try with a music server because when I select a track from the application B & O on the iphone, I get an error message indicating that the application does not take support content playback Deezer! While the DLNA server is a Synology NAS, version 6.2.2, on which the Multimedia Server application runs.

In conclusion, by dint of using German and Japanese material (two fortic nations in useless complication) I had forgotten that sometimes simplicity exists!

I only have to find a good quality sound card, compatible with Linux, to enjoy the music.

Take care,

Tux

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
231 Posts
Bronze Member

Pardon me for being dense, but what is resolved? Essence 1 is nothing more than a bad Airport Express with a cool remote (until the seal fails). No TuneIn. No Spotify. No DLNA. No app. You will also find that "line in" channel separation doesn't work correctly. B&O basically walked away from an intro product when they realised it was "***". Even ** can't rationalise that one. 

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,360 Posts
Bronze Member
CB replied on Sat, Jun 15 2019 10:14 PM
poodleboy:
Even ** can't rationalise that one.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL