Good Bluetooth Transmitter Required

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 1 Follower

SHEFFIELD
Top 500 Contributor
260 Posts
Bronze Member
SHEFFIELD posted on Sat, May 25 2019 4:37 PM

I have a BV11-40 and  also a pair of H9i. Now need to use the headphones with the TV. Anyone able to recommend a decent Bluetooth transmitter that will do the TV and headphones justice?

All Replies

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,840 Posts
Bronze Member
chartz replied on Sat, May 25 2019 5:04 PM

They are all based on the same chips. Any device will do.  Go for the cheap and cheerful one.

Jacques

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
162 Posts
Bronze Member
SHEFFIELD:

I have a BV11-40 and also a pair of H9i. Now need to use the headphones with the TV. Anyone able to recommend a decent Bluetooth transmitter that will do the TV and headphones justice?

I have good results with the AirFly Bluetooth transmitter with my BV11 and H8.

PS: The AirFly / H8 is also a very good combination when used with the entertainment system on most airplanes.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
162 Posts
Bronze Member
chartz:

They are all based on the same chips. Any device will do. Go for the cheap and cheerful one.

Jacques

I have a different experience.

I have a no name multi point Bluetooth transmitter that has lip sync problems when used with a tv and headsets due to high latency.

I also have an AirFly Bluetooth transmitter, and it works very well with my BV11 / H8 combination due to low latency.

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
165 Posts
Bronze Member

Latency could be removed by using the speaker distance settings in the Beovision. 

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

I dont think so, with BT you would need to delay the picture. I.e a negative distance.

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
165 Posts
Bronze Member

BEOVOX141:

I dont think so, with BT you would need to delay the picture. I.e a negative distance.

Which is basically what you do when you advance the sound, at least that is my understanding. When you enter distances in the setup for the speakers, you basically tell the TV to advance the signal to the speaker by the distance the sound needs to travel from the speaker to your ear. 

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
162 Posts
Bronze Member
Beosince98:

Latency could be removed by using the speaker distance settings in the Beovision.

Yes, but on a BV11 it’s limited to a max of 10 meters, and that is not always enough.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
162 Posts
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141:

When you add speaker distance in the speaker group setup, the sound on the speaker sockets will be ahead of the picture, and that can compensate for Bluetooth latency on the best Bluetooth receivers.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

Dyssegaard:
When you add speaker distance in the speaker group setup, the sound on the speaker sockets will be ahead of the picture, and that can compensate for Bluetooth latency on the best Bluetooth receivers.

I think we are saying the same thing...

By default the sound will always be ahead of the picture since the image processing is significantly slower. However adding a delay to the sound data is pretty straightforward. Reducing that delay will increase the speaker distance, i.e the sound will be output by the speaker faster in order to compensate for the travel distance. However you cannot reduce the delay below zero since it is the fastest way sound can be processed. Thus your last remedy is delaying the picture, which is significantly more complicated, and properly why no Beovisons can support high latency modes of their own top speakers.

The BT audio link relies on a buffer to compensate for fallout's and provide a robust link, so as you mentioned, the better the design of the BT module, mostly the antenna actually, the lower you can go in buffer size. The wireless earbud are especially susceptible this phenomenon since the rely on two BT links, the up link and the master slave link, 500ms worth of buffering is not uncommon.

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,157 Posts
Bronze Member

I use Avantree Priva III  low latency aptX device bought from Amazon. No latency problems at all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N5KKUR0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Regards Graham

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
162 Posts
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141:

Yes Big Smile

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
165 Posts
Bronze Member

BEOVOX141:

Dyssegaard:

By default the sound will always be ahead of the picture since the image processing is significantly slower. However adding a delay to the sound data is pretty straightforward. Reducing that delay will increase the speaker distance, i.e the sound will be output by the speaker faster in order to compensate for the travel distance. However you cannot reduce the delay below zero since it is the fastest way sound can be processed. Thus your last remedy is delaying the picture, which is significantly more complicated, and properly why no Beovisons can support high latency modes of their own top speakers.

The BT audio link relies on a buffer to compensate for fallout's and provide a robust link, so as you mentioned, the better the design of the BT module, mostly the antenna actually, the lower you can go in buffer size. The wireless earbud are especially susceptible this phenomenon since the rely on two BT links, the up link and the master slave link, 500ms worth of buffering is not uncommon.

Why is it so much more difficult to delay the image? My Avant 55 has an hard drive attached, so I can always press pause when watching TV. Wouldn't is be technically  quite easy to add a buffer to the image processing, which allows for a delay?

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

Beosince98:
Why is it so much more difficult to delay the image? My Avant 55 has an hard drive attached, so I can always press pause when watching TV. Wouldn't is be technically  quite easy to add a buffer to the image processing, which allows for a delay?

Good question!

Let me start by saying, it is absolutely possible, but the designers of the SOCs (system on a chip) running the display properly didn't anticipate a BL90 or wireless earbuds for that matter.

The audio on the other hand always had the delay functionality built into the CODEC (chip). 

Usually a delay is introduced after processing, and since mapped data for a 4k display with all the bells and whistles easily approaches the gigabyte territory for a full second, a lot more memory is required and properly a more complex memory interface. And memory is a significant part of the bill of material.

When you consider your hard drive approach you are working with the combined compressed video/audio signal without requirements for accuracy, i.e. you dont really know or care if the picture was paused for 1 minute or 56.123 seconds. On the other hand, when you try to sync audio and video the related timing is crucial and highly complex,- there is a dependency! with the hard drive you have zero dependency!

A standard PC though would have zero issues inserting an image delay, and most players already have this capability.

Let me know if it made any sense Smile

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,840 Posts
Bronze Member
chartz replied on Sun, May 26 2019 2:31 PM

I haven’t experienced any latency via APTx.

I have a € 100 device which works perfectly. 

Jacques

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL