Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

When you integrate the BS Essence Mk2 w/ BV, does it have to be wireless?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,347 Posts
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael posted on Sat, May 25 2019 6:54 AM

Can you plug the BS Essence Mk2 in to one of the PL sockets on a BV?  or do they have to integrate wirelessly?

The BSE manual just shows the PL being used for speakers, but can you use them for a BV?

Thanks in advance

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
208 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sun, May 26 2019 9:20 AM

The Essence Mk.2 integrates through IP only. So no use plugging it in to the BV. You can hardwire it somewhere else.

Note that you cannot add an Essence Remote or BeoRemote One BT to the Essence if it is in “Integrated” mode. The Essence can then only be controlled via App or the BeoVision.

Top 500 Contributor
208 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sun, May 26 2019 9:20 AM

The Essence Mk.2 integrates through IP only. So no use plugging it in to the BV. You can hardwire it somewhere else.

Note that you cannot add an Essence Remote or BeoRemote One BT to the Essence if it is in “Integrated” mode. The Essence can then only be controlled via App or the BeoVision.

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Sun, May 26 2019 8:02 PM

You can integrate it with a BV if it has NL (networklink) through your normal home network, harwire or wifi.

If you have an older BV i do not know. Guess you could just plug it in via PL if you have an PL in. but some of the functionality would get lost i guess.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,343 Posts
Bronze Member

Which BV are we talking?

That it can connect to or integrate with a NL-based BV has been explained - that is what it was created for!

If you however, want to use it with an older BV, you can use the PL-out (best set to fixed line-out) to connect to an analog 2 channel/stereo input there....

......a scart converter, a L/R input.

In this case you will have to open the port on the BV using the Beo4 - the Essence (best in option 0) should then be used/controlled with the app in order not to overcomplicate the commands from the Beo4. The volume is controlled theough the BV with the Beo4.

As an example: Airplaying —— connected to a scart input (using V.Aux), you’d just have to push V.Aux on the remote and send the Airplay stream to the Essence.

Again....which BV is meant is important for your options.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,347 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks.

I now understand that there is no use of running a PL cable between the Essence Mk2 and my BV 14, as it's all done through IP.

I currently have the EMk2 and BV integrated wirelessly. If i wanted to, as it's IP related rather than PL related, i can plug it in to ethernet if i so choose

Thanks for the replies. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL