Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

pndo1
Not Ranked
Chicago
7 Posts
Bronze Member
pndo1 posted on Thu, May 23 2019 5:58 AM

Hi all,

Came back from a long road trip today with some Beolab 1s, 6000s, and 4000s. They all worked fine when tested via the line-in at the seller's house, but one of the Beolab 1s didn't make the trip back so well. Plugged into an Essence as soon as I got home, one Beolab 1 came on fine, but the other started smoking while the standby light flashed from red to green and back several times before I could unplug it.

Does anyone know of any good repair places in the US Midwest around Chicago? I tried emailing armageddon electronics about a pair of Pentas I have, but never got a response so I'm not sure if they're still in business. 

I'm really hoping that whatever happened is an easy fix. The Lab 1s are so beautiful and I was really excited to listen to them.

Ryan

All Replies

Bill Briscoe
Not Ranked
Chicago, IL USA
50 Posts
Gold Member

Have you tried Midwest Audio in Arlington Heights?

pndo1
Not Ranked
Chicago
7 Posts
Bronze Member
pndo1 replied on Sat, May 25 2019 1:31 AM

Bill,

I noticed they had quite a few bad Yelp reviews, so I was a little nervous. I think I'm going to ship the amplifier to Pyramid Audio in Texas, as I got a good reference from David who used to run Armageddon Electronics, and they're still a B&O warranty shop.

Ryan

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL