Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Linking Beovision9, Beosound4 and Beocentre 2 via master link all in one room.

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Thomas
Not Ranked
Sydney
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Thomas posted on Tue, May 21 2019 10:16 AM

Hi everyone, sorry this may be a simple issues for most of you, but I am new to this, and I need your help.

All in the same room, Speakers all connected to the tv. I have a Beovision 9, linked with a Beosound 4 via master link cable. And all working as expected. Trouble started when I acquired a Beocentre 2, which is both a DVD and also plays CD. I have purchased a masterlink distribution box and have plug all of them into this box via masterlink.

Now everything is going wacko. The only thing that works is the TV, if I try to turn on the cd, both machines turns on, I expected the dvd button to just turn on the Beocentre, it does not at all, nothing actually happens if I press DVD on my beo4 remote. I suspect I have to play with the options on the V.opt and the A.opt etc..Does anyone know am I on the right track, and what options I should be using???

I just want to press Dtv, and get tv, cd, and get beosound, and dvd to get beocentre. Is that possible.

Thanks in advance.

All Replies

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,473 Posts
Silver Member
Suggested by beojeff

Your BeoSound 4 and BeoCenter 2 are conflicting over the role of Audio Master. You can only have one Audio Master in a masterlink network. You need to remove the BeoCenter 2 from masterlink. Connect the BeoCenter 2 directly to the BeoVision as a source -- connecting video, audio, and the IR control. Set the BeoVision to use the PUC to control the BeoCenter 2 as DVD. You will probably need to remove the power from the BeoVision and the BeoSound 4 and restore power to them in order to clear up the masterlink confusion.

Thomas
Not Ranked
Sydney
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Thomas replied on Sat, May 25 2019 12:38 PM

Hi BeoJeff :

Thank you so much for your answer. It all makes sense, I ask the Bang Olufsen guy at the time and he told me the distribution box knows what to do, and I thought it did not make sense but I trusted that he knows way more than me.

When I get home, I will try it out and and tell you how I went. I just have to work out the PUC bit and beocentre 2 bit. But I will have a go first. Many Thanks again.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,473 Posts
Silver Member

The PUC entry for the BeoCenter 2 should be standard in the BeoVision/BeoSystem. There might be more than one -- giving the option for different ways of controlling the menu with the remote. I think one is code-named "BeoCenter 2 - Chicago." Just try them and see what works for you. Note that you can also use your remote for playing audio CDs in the BeoCenter 2. You just use the command DVD and use the P.MUTE (picture mute) command that you can add to your Beo4 list if you don't want the TV to remain on.

Thomas
Not Ranked
Sydney
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Beojeff :

I tried everything you said, I disconnected the system overnight, and started from scratch again, and I did everything you suggested, except the last bit with PUC stuff, as I got a little confused. I connect it with scart on AV3, and the thing is, I don't know how, but it all worked exactly as I wanted. So it all work out anyway, the tv automatically dims and mute it self every time I switch to dvd, don't know how, but it seems to know what to do. So I am happy.

Thank you again.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,473 Posts
Silver Member

That's great. Maybe the BS3 autodetects that's it's a BC2 connected to it. We don't have scart in the U.S.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL