rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Griffter18
Not Ranked
15 Posts
Bronze Member
Griffter18 posted on Sun, May 19 2019 8:58 AM

Hi all,

After some great responses from this group I sourced some Beolab 6000 and wall mounts to use as rear speakers and match in with my Beolab 1s at the front.

Weve recently moved house and have remodelled the living room removing a few wall to make it more open plan. The downside of this is that the rear wall of the living room has stairs running up it so i have no area on the wall to mount the 6000s.

So Im now looking for some different rear surround speakers that will fit and as the wall has a stair running up it I cant use anything that will protrude too far out.

I have considered using 3s ceiling/wall mounted but they would hang down too low into the stairway, and  and its a similar situation with 4000s.

I believe that there is a few recessed ceiling mounted option which would work though so looking for ideas and known sources in the uk.

Has anyone come across/reviewed the bolab 2-1 or anything similar

All Replies

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,883 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, May 19 2019 12:29 PM

I have heard some and was slightly underwhelmed - I do have Beovox 1 passive speakers in my bathroom and these are also underwhelming! However rear speakers are really to add depth - what about Beolab 4s? Very small and not bad as rear speakers.

Peter

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
70 Posts
Bronze Member
B&O ceiling speakers?
James1980
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member

I use lab 4’s for my rears, they come with specific ceiling mounting brackets, could be just the thing you’re after.

James1980
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member

I use lab 4’s for my rears, they come with specific ceiling mounting brackets, could be just the thing you’re after.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
481 Posts
Silver Member

I have used the Beolab 8000 as rears when wall placement was out of the question. They have a small footprint and are very flexible in placement. Your 6000s on the original stand would of course be a similar solution,- and then perhaps I can buy your wall mounts Smile

Griffter18
Not Ranked
15 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the responses so far.

Unfortunately because a staircase runs up the back wall, anything wall mounted would be likely to get knocked (it would need to be on the stairs) and the second speaker would need to be mounted on the stairs and also on the wall in front of the stairs in order to space the speakers and this means it would stick out into a another access area. 

The only option I can think of that gets around this is to go ceiling mounted, but again because of the location of stairs and other things it would mean something hanging down in a way that would mess up other aesthetics. Ceiling mounted 4s and 3s 14s might be an option but they would need to be really small so as not to be noticed.

The only option I can really come up with is to use in-ceiling speakers as these would blend into the ceiling and recessed spotlighting in the area. 2-1s & 15s (motorised) would do this and the 15s would provide the added benefit of only dropping into view when the system is in use.

Bit hard to explain so Ill get a photo posted later on to help others visualise.

As for my existing wall mounted 6000s the plan is to wall mount them in the dining area eventually when other renovation projects are finished 

Griffter18
Not Ranked
15 Posts
Bronze Member

May have stumbled across another option Beolab 12s as they are virtually flush with the wall

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL