Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BV11-55: one Powerlink connnect to pair of BeoLab 5?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

danielshen
Not Ranked
78 Posts
Bronze Member
danielshen posted on Thu, May 2 2019 3:23 AM
Dear all,

Due to the cabling, I only want to use one Powerlink mk2 to connect two lab5 from BV11-55 - PL1 port via the Powerlink Y splitter. I got following result when I do the sound setting:

1: When I select the Left side PL1, both lab5 is on, but no sound.

2: When I select the Right side PL1, both lab5 is on with sound.

It looks BV treat two lab5 as one right speaker - is this just because I only use one PL1 port? Can anybody help? Thanks! Pls also check the photo.

Daniel

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
538 Posts
Gold Member
Have you adresses correct speaker roles?

In speaker connection you only set up the correct type of speaker per PL.

In speaker groups you set up the correct speaker role, in your case you set up a group for instance Stereo and than one BL5 acts as left front and one as right front.

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

danielshen
Not Ranked
78 Posts
Bronze Member
Dear, as you can see the photo, the third line is lab5 with left front. And the fourth line is lab5 with right front.

But the pity is, when I select the third line, no lab5 will make sound. And when I select the fourth line, both lab5 are make sound.

Can we connect two lab5 by only one PL1 socket?

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
538 Posts
Gold Member
I’m sure you are able to have two BL’s through one PL connection. I do not know about the BL5 because it is so exclusive but on other BL’s you have a switch to tell which side it is, maybe both your 5’s are on the same side?

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,387 Posts
Bronze Member
above ports on the speaker back you find a switch (R / L). Change it to the speakers placement (right or left).

The cable has both channels and you have to use the switch on the speaker to select which channel sound to receive on the specific speaker.

You can use one cable to TV instead of two PL. and one PL between the two speakers. Good luck and have a nice day.

The manual from B&O is here:

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/~/mediaV3/files/user-guides/BeoLab5/EN-BeoLab5.pdf

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL