Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Troubleshooting unresponsive beosound 3000 and remote unit

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

dhad06
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
dhad06 posted on Mon, Apr 29 2019 12:15 PM

Hi all

I am trying to help my mother-in-law with a problem with her Beosound 3000, however I'm in no way familiar with any b&o products. 

Her system is comprised of these units as far as I can tell (see picture, btw picture was found online): 

On the beosound 3000 both the red and green status light are turned on, and the B3000 doesn't react to neither the remote controller nor the builtin keypad. The only button that does anything is the load cd mechanism.

I can turn on the B3000 from the remote unit and control the CD, but the systems shuts down in a few minutes.

I have tried pressing the timer button numerous times, I have disconnected the remote unit from the B3000, and I have had the power off from the wall outlet for about 10 minutes, all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Cheers Peter

All Replies

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
226 Posts
Silver Member
Suggested by Langleyav

That sounds as though it is locked out by the PIN protection circuit which comes into operation if it has been disconnected from the mains electricity for more than 30 minutes.

Ron

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,122 Posts
Bronze Member

It could also be a fried EEprom,common problem with no easy or cheap solution as far as I know.

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,122 Posts
Bronze Member

It could also be a fried EEprom,common problem with no easy or cheap solution as far as I know.

dhad06
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
dhad06 replied on Mon, Apr 29 2019 9:46 PM

I read about the pin in the manual regarding after I read your suggestion, but there is no indication on the display, that the unit is awaiting a pin-code. It stays turned off. Could you maybe elaborate?

Cheers Peter

Opman
Top 200 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
443 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Mon, Apr 29 2019 10:36 PM

Before we jump to conclusions about fried components, a couple of things to check.

The green light may simply indicate that a timer function has been activated. Easy enough to switch off.

The lack of control may be an option programme issue. This enables the system to be programmed in one of several ways depending on the rest of the products in the same installation.

First try setting option programme back to option 1.

On the remote press and hold Standby (the button with the red dot) whilst also pressing the LIst button. The small LCD on the remote should display ADD?

Press the List button repeatedly until you see OPTION? Then press GO, the button in the middle of the diamond shaped key. The display will now show V.OPT flashing. Press the List button again until you see A.OPT. When A.OPT is flashing press the 1 key while pointing the remote at the audio. If the system accepts this command the red LED should blink once. This confirms you have set the system to correct option setting.

Now try playing a CD. If the PIN is active you will be prompted for the four digit PIN. Hopefully you have access this to this. If not you may need to contact a dealer who will only provide if you can confirm serial number and receipt to prove ownership.

Hope this helps.

Opman

dhad06
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

I'll try what you suggest, Opman, next time I visit her.

Cheers Peter

dhad06
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
dhad06 replied on Wed, May 29 2019 9:29 PM

Hi again,

I tried what Opman suggested, the green LED blinks as described, but the main unit is still unresponsive. The red led stays on, and I can still control the main unit from the remote unit.

Any suggestions?

Cheers Peter

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL