Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

mhenryk
Not Ranked
34 Posts
Gold Member
mhenryk posted on Fri, Apr 26 2019 12:31 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE

Hi Everyone,

I recently acquired BeoGram CD 6500 and now I’m checking its functionality. Fundamentally unit works which is good. There are two things that I would really appreciate input of someone who owns such equipment or ever went thru its functionality checks and adjustments.

1. CD drawer close automatically after just few seconds. Bassically once CD draver is open it stays open only for 3..4 seconds and automatically close back. This is a bit annoying since it leaves operator very little time to change CD itself. Below are short clip where I try to show the problem.https://www.dropbox.com/s/93y6iaiga1caxx1/CD_in-out1.MOV?dl=0 I checked end switch and in my opinion it works as expected. Again little clip here to have a look: https://www.dropbox.com/s/155j8d8fb8sp5xm/CD_in-out2.MOV?dl=0 I also checked signal on collector of phototransistor on PE201. I can see pulses when drawer moves in or out so at least pulses are generated. I didn’t go any further with my debug here. If there is someone who came across similar issue (assuming this is issue) and found a solution to it I would greatly appreciate hint on it.
  2. Following instructions in mechanical adjustments I attempted (using eccentric screws B and C) to centre drive mechanism and centre bracket for disc clamping magnet. I have to say I actually have a hard time saying when things are correctly adjusted and when they are not. What should I look for when performing those adjustments. With whatever I do I still see magnet landing a bit out of centre and then during CD spin wobbling a bit. Little clip to demonstrate it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/155j8d8fb8sp5xm/CD_in-out2.MOV?dl=0 Is what I’m seeing here a problem or is it normal operation of properly working CD mechanism? Should I expect magnet landing exactly in the centre of CD or a bit off the centre is fine?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Cheers,
Henryk

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,765 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) Dillen replied on Fri, Apr 26 2019 8:49 AM
Verified by mhenryk

1. Clean the contacts of the drawer switch.

Martin 

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,765 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) Dillen replied on Fri, Apr 26 2019 8:49 AM
Verified by mhenryk

1. Clean the contacts of the drawer switch.

Martin 

mhenryk
Not Ranked
34 Posts
Gold Member

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE

Hi Martin,

Thanks for this note. This is experience talking.

I paid more attention to the drawer switch and indeed it didn’t engage properly when CD drawer was fully out.

I cleared contacts and re-aligned it and now it works as it supposed to.

Thanks again and have a nice day,
Henryk

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL