rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 128
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard Posted: Tue, Apr 23 2019 4:12 PM
Today I’ve discovered that when I use Airplay with my BV11/Core integrated setup, the metadata (album/artist/song) is shown on the BV11:

This was not the case before the latest firmware update of the Core.

I then tried to Airplay to my M5 and join the BV11, and the metadata was also shown on the BV11 in that setup. The M5 also received a firmware update recently, and this is the only change that I’ve noticed for the Core and M5 after the firmware updates.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,940
Bronze Member

Now that is interesting - not that I (would) use that much.

For music I basicly use Spotify Connect and that has been working that way forever.

But it shows that they are still working on the integration of a new product/the Core and an ‘older’ tv like the BV11.

Maybe I should update my Essence (to the newest sw) to see if that does the same with my Avant and the V1.

Anyone else has made this observation?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

andybandy
Not Ranked
Posts 64
Bronze Member
andybandy replied on Tue, Apr 23 2019 6:32 PM

Are we not sure this is something Apple have update in Airplay, so when Airplay in use, the meta data now transfer over.

And this is nothing about B&O firmware

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,940
Bronze Member

andybandy:

Are we not sure this is something Apple have update in Airplay, so when Airplay in use, the meta data now transfer over.

No - otherweise it would work with my setup....which it doesn’t.

MM

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 128
Bronze Member
andybandy:

I have verified that it also works with my old iPad mini (iOS v 9.3.5). It has not had any iOS updates for several years, so the new functionality is not due to Apple updates.

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 128
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard replied on Wed, Apr 24 2019 12:27 PM
I have tested the following setup:

1) Spotify on iPad Mini via Airplay to M5 and B&O app on iPhone X:

Parts of meta data are shown (song title) and playback controls are working.

2) Spotify on iPad Mini via Airplay to BV11/Core and B&O app on iPhone X:

Same parts of meta data are shown, but playback control is not working except for volume control.

Maybe B&O are preparing their multiroom speakers for the future remote with info screen...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,940
Bronze Member

I made a thread about three weeks ago with a question of the changes in the SW 1.19 to 1.20 (for the Essence)

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/36768/275127.aspx#275127

Noone mentioned that, then!

Now I have just updated to the 1.20/the latest on the Essence.

And what Dyssegaard describes works well there, too (and via the M3 as well).

My Essence is not integrated, but connected to the Avant (and the V1) - but this does not seem to change anything.

Maybe they are preparing for the features of the coming remote, most likely.

But also for the metadata that (apparently) will be shown on the Harmony when in Audio Mode.

Below a couple of examples from using different apps (the TuneIn app and the DR app) with AirPlay to the Essence joined in by the Avant.

For my taste there should be a little more information on the app itself - as also seen in the screenshots of Dyssegaard.

A cover pic of the actual played track would be nice.

MM

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL