Beolab 50

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 150 Replies | 2 Followers

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw posted on Thu, Apr 18 2019 5:35 PM
I am about ready to upgrade my 20s to 50s. Unfortunately I do not have a dealer near enough to me to listen before buying. I have heard the 90s. I know the 50s will not perform as the 90s. But I did want to ask anybody who is familiar with both, how does the imaging of the 50s compare to that of the 90s?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Razlaw replied on Fri, May 17 2019 1:52 PM
Verified by Dion
Mikipidia:

I’ll take a picture for you next tuesday when iam at my dealer again. He has them all it seems. So i’ll ask him if we can play around with the covers New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Thanks!

All Replies

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Apr 27 2019 3:43 PM
Yes. Will make the decision much easier and make for a much better decision.
Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
447 Posts
Bronze Member

Some free advice - not that I think you need it.

Check with your Dealer what the source is going to be. Personally, unless it was for movie going, I’d ensure there’s a decent audio source somewhere handy. Listening to Spotify/Dezer etc via a BV Powerlink connection.....well think what you want...it’s ones and zeros and anything more than 320k can’t be distinguished right??

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Apr 27 2019 5:42 PM
Demo will be using a Core, possibly a video source, and some high resolution files on a USB. I am thinking that should give me a pretty good idea of how they sound? (I will take and welcome any and all advice😊)
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, May 16 2019 2:08 AM
Had demo today.....very impressed.....now decision time.
Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
259 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Thu, May 16 2019 4:20 PM

Hi, I have just pulled rhe trigger for Beolab 50. Delivery 3rd of June. Will be nice to upgrade from Beolab 5.

Best Regards

Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), New! Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,207 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, May 16 2019 4:33 PM
Martin:

Hi, I have just pulled rhe trigger for Beolab 50. Delivery 3rd of June. Will be nice to upgrade from Beolab 5.

Excellent stuff. Can we have some pictures in due course please?
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,207 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, May 16 2019 4:33 PM
Razlaw:

Had demo today.....very impressed.....now decision time.

Just do it. You won’t regret it.
Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
827 Posts
Gold Member
Sorry for the delay martin but i figured out my issues now too and should be fixed soon as in tuesday. Last of all the issues did turn out to be in the wiring and partially the tv. So you have my blessingStick out tongue

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

Happy fifty-ing 😀

Just be sure, that they are updated with the latest sw.....both of them, the same!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
675 Posts
Silver Member
Martin:

Hi, I have just pulled rhe trigger for Beolab 50. Delivery 3rd of June.

Oh my gosh, that feeling is so unforgettable. I remember the trepidation ordering my first Beolabs in 2000. I was so nervous and thought “what the hell, life’s short, do it!!!” It’s second only to the first few seconds when you power them up and that gorgeous music bathes the room. Bliss!

We want to see photos ASAP!

Excited for you.

Good move, the BL50 are definitely a massive step-up from BL5.

You will not regret it one bit.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, May 17 2019 1:52 AM
Has anybody seen the metal grill on the piano black edition and have an opinion how it looks in person? How shiny is it in person? Am thinking of ordering silver 50s with black cloth on the back and metal grill on the front.....am trying to visualize how the silver of the 50 and the silver of the grill would look together.

Thanks!
seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
675 Posts
Silver Member
Only seen pictures of the piano ball and does remind me of the Mercedes grille. They are rare and I’ve only ever seen the standard aluminium and black cloth version at dealers. Looks flash now but probably will be a bit dated in a few years. I’m not sure if I like it or not. Depends a lot on your decor I suppose and personal taste. One man’s meat is another’s poison an all that....Would be worth hunting a pair down in piano black.

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
259 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Fri, May 17 2019 8:44 AM

Hi guys,

I will post photos as soon as I get the lab50

Best Regards

Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), New! Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
461 Posts
Bronze Member
Black =dust
Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
827 Posts
Gold Member
I’ll take a picture for you next tuesday when iam at my dealer again. He has them all it seems. So i’ll ask him if we can play around with the coversSmile

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Page 5 of 11 (151 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL