Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Anyone know how to dismantle the Beosound 3.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
335 Posts
Bronze Member
matador43 posted on Thu, Apr 18 2019 11:00 AM

Good morning guys,

Do anyone know how to open the Beosound 3?

I have removed the 4 torx screws and lift the base but I can't go much further.

I just want to remove the grid to clean it well. I first tough that it gonna slide downwards when removing the base but it's don't come and i dont want to damage the fragile metal forcing it.

Thank you.

All Replies

Bill Briscoe
Not Ranked
Chicago, IL USA
47 Posts
Gold Member

HI,

the grill is held in place by a tab at the lower edge in the middle. With the unit on its back, you'll see the cutout for the tab in the middle.  The grill needs to move up and away to clear the tab, then you slide the grill out the bottom.  It will be very tight and will not want to come out, but will if you are patient and have cleared the lower tab properly. 

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
335 Posts
Bronze Member

Bill Briscoe:

HI,

the grill is held in place by a tab at the lower edge in the middle. With the unit on its back, you'll see the cutout for the tab in the middle.  The grill needs to move up and away to clear the tab, then you slide the grill out the bottom.  It will be very tight and will not want to come out, but will if you are patient and have cleared the lower tab properly. 

Thank you Bill,

I think I've seen that tab. I'll try to play with it and keep you informed.

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
335 Posts
Bronze Member

So, I've been playing with that tab and as Bill said "It's very tight and don't not want to come out".
At some point I was really afraid to dent or bend the grid so I gave up.

I've been cleaning the littles holes one by one with a lupe, a needle and a vacuum cleaner and sweep the whole grid with a clothe dampened in alcohol, except for the speaker area. It look like clean. 

Now waiting next week to see if it work!

Thank you.

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
606 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Fri, Apr 19 2019 8:07 AM

You can check this :

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/1432/12340.aspx#12340

Beozip
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
Beozip replied on Fri, Apr 19 2019 8:50 AM

Pictures say more ....

http://mgrigaut.free.fr/DocPublic/BeoSound3/BOSound3.htm

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
335 Posts
Bronze Member

Un grand Merci Beozip !

I'm stuck at step 2. I'll try again later if the unit is defective.
So far I dont want to dent a pretty much clean unit if any chance it's working just for some microscopic breadcrumbs.

When collecting it, they were three and I carefully inspect them to choose the best one, that would be a shame to ruin it now!

I'll keep you posted.

bramble
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member
When it all goes wrong, and it won't work once it's been apart....may I suggest utilising it in other ways......like mine, still working had no issues since I removed all the internals.

Beovision 7 40 mk 5 ,beovision 6x3,   beosound 3000, beogram 3300 , 2 x lc2, 2 x beocom 1401, beocom 6000 x 2,  5 x beo4, 

, 4 x beolab 4's, form 2, h2, a2,a1 and a beolab 2 😀😀

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL