rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 46 Replies | 0 Followers

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member
matador43 posted on Tue, Apr 16 2019 10:51 PM

Hi Guys,

I was given a BEO6 in gold finish and in aesthetically perfect condition.

BUT,

The battery is dead and there is no docking station.

I did find some spare battery modules not that expensive, to replace the original ones who add a leak (which fortunately doesn't seem to have corrode the main PCB).

Lets say I can replace the battery and the remote start up, do someone know how the charge the battery without the dock, like connecting any power supply to pin X and pin XX in the base and… It will work! (beo6 base are very expensive on eBay).

Finally, as I dont have a base, I suppose I won't be able to customize the control it can handle? Is it true or is it any "learning" mode who dont need software and connection?

Thank you all for your help. I jut hate to have perfectly looking object, not working internally. It's beyond my understanding that when the container is fine the content is faulty. I know, I live in the wrong time Big Smile

All Replies

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member

Well, This morning I powered the remote with two 1.2v batteries.

And… Nothing happened: the display remained irremediably black and the IR blaster didn't show any kind of activity.

So long for the Beo6 experience.

Cheers!

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
973 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Apr 17 2019 10:10 AM

matador43:

Well, This morning I powered the remote with two 1.2v batteries.

And… Nothing happened: the display remained irremediably black and the IR blaster didn't show any kind of activity.

So long for the Beo6 experience.

Cheers!

It is not 100% a write off, but to get it working, you need the base.

Where are you located ?

/Weebyx

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Weebyx and thank you for your answer.

In France, near Paris.

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
973 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Apr 17 2019 11:02 AM

matador43:

Hi Weebyx and thank you for your answer.

In France, near Paris.

Ok, a bit far from Denmark :)

But, you need to buy a new batterypack and get a base and the config tool, and it will 98% come back to life after some magic :)

/Weebyx

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member

Sadly yes, too far!

I teared appart the beo6 this morning and swap the battery pack with equivalent power (2x1,2v, a little stronger mA) hoping for the remote to react but nothing happened.

Do you believe the adding the base will sort of awake the remote more than just new power in it?

Thank you for your help.

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
973 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Apr 18 2019 6:25 PM

matador43:

Sadly yes, too far!

I teared appart the beo6 this morning and swap the battery pack with equivalent power (2x1,2v, a little stronger mA) hoping for the remote to react but nothing happened.

Do you believe the adding the base will sort of awake the remote more than just new power in it?

Thank you for your help.

What is happening, is that the Beo6 with probably older firmware, will not come to life if it runs out of battery. It is a known error. 

If it is connected via the base to a computer with the config tool, it is possible to force it back to life with different versions of the config tool.

Without the config tool and base, you will not get it back to life.

/Weebyx

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you Weebyx,

I'm gonna order new battery cells and then just wait to find a base.
In the meantime I'll do some search about links and precautions for the Config tool.
I think I've read they are some bugs and complications with very last version of it.

Anyway, thats another question: Thank you again, that would be sad to have that fancy piece just used as paperweight!

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
973 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Sun, Apr 21 2019 2:10 PM

matador43:

Thank you Weebyx,

In the meantime I'll do some search about links and precautions for the Config tool.
I think I've read they are some bugs and complications with very last version of it.

Anyway, thats another question: Thank you again, that would be sad to have that fancy piece just used as paperweight!

Send me an email and I can help you out.

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
973 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Apr 24 2019 11:03 AM

matador43:

Thank you Weebyx,

I cannot reply to your email ? It gets rejected

/Weebyx

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member

Weird.

Can you try replacing ".negro" with the dot include with "43" all attached?

Mike Muller
Not Ranked
Nyon, Switzerland
12 Posts
Silver Member

I have a broken BEO6 and so the docking station is of no use to me.  I would be happy to send it to you free of charge if you send me your address.

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member

That's a very kind and generous offer, thank you.

Email sent.

matador43
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member

Good morning Guys,

Some news about the Beo6!

First I want to thank Weebyx for his hopeful help and advices and Mike Muller for his kind offer two posts above.

So! Yestreday I received in my mailbox, direct from Switzerland, not only a Beo5 Dock and charger but also a Beo6 in Silver finish.

It allowed me to confirm that my first remote is actually Gold. So far I've found it "Goldish" so I wasn't sure if it was really  gold or just the aluminium who had a light yellow tint:

After checking the base and charger were delivering 5V which they are, I put the silver remote on the base for a couple of hours.

The silver remote was given as "faulty display". The Gold one problem is unknown so first thing I tried was swap the main PCB.
While the remote was open, i check the battery voltage: 1.2 v which is alf the power needed. Anyway, I assumed that little tension and the dock while made the remote start if it should. But nothing happened!

I'm not worried still as Weebyx already warned me about the deep sleep issue when the battery is too much discharged.

Next I tried to plug it to my computer (MAC) but again nothing happened: no mention of any usb device on the system report.
After installing CT on a virtual Windows 8, I could start the program but it show little arrows cross marked in red which, I believe should stand for "No Communication". Is it?

I've read post about Virtualization, windows 8, 32 & 64 bits and USB3 vs USB2 but I'm not into thoses problems yet and I know it will not be simple.

I suppose next step is to replace the battery. But I'm surprise by the invisibility in the USB bus as I read about remotes which were working on the base even when the battery was dead low.

Does anybody have any suggestion something to check or try. Any help from somebody using a Mac with a virtual windows will be welcome too.

A warm thank you to anyone who will help and again to the ones who already did, very generously!

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
973 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, the red arrows indicate no connection to a remote.

Does windows find the remote under device manager when you dock it ? The first thing is to just leave config tool closed, and get windows to display the Beo under Device Manager. Sometimes it cannot find the driver automatically, so you just select the remote under devices and manually point driver to the BeoDriver folder under the installation path.

/Weebyx

Page 1 of 4 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL