rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
992 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph posted on Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:19 PM

I've recently moved in a new house and i'm searching for the best alarm clock in my bedroom.

Ideally, it would be placed on my bedside table and i could program it to wake up to the sound of the radio or another source (CD,...). Of course, i want B&O Wink

I do not have a subscription to a straming service. I own a BeoTime so it would be cool to use it to control the sound system or the speaker.

Could a BeoPlay M3 do the trick, or shall i buy a pre-owned product like the old Beosound 1 for instance ?

All Replies

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
533 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:43 PM

Hi,

any B&O system you like can be used with the BeoTime (flute). The old Beosound 1, a Beosound 9000, Beocenter 9500... Smile

Even a B&O TV masterlinked to the main room can act as wakeup speaker in the morning.

Ralph-Marcus

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,019 Posts
Gold Member

The only streaming service you can leverage with a B&O product alarm-capable is TuneIn.

I personally leverage a BS 1 to wake me up with one of my favorite radio, and, when the streaming service is not available for any reason, a beep sound is generated instead.

I use an Essence remote to control it, very simple to operate when not fully awaken :-)

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,360 Posts
Bronze Member
CB replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:53 PM
Steph:

Could a BeoPlay M3 do the trick, or shall i buy a pre-owned product

Bonjour Steph

No, the Beotime is IR and the M3 is BT.

Your second option is right
Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
992 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 7:31 PM

Thanks to Ralph-Marcus and to "the french gang"! Wink

And what about the BeoSound 8? I still have one  with an old iPhone 4. Do you think i can program it?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

The iPhone has an alarm clock built-in - that should do the trick.....when it is docked to the BS8.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
533 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 9:38 PM

Might work...

But the BeoTime is a much more elegant solution. Smile

I think the Beosound 8 could also be controlled with a Beo4. The only 'problem' is to find the 'source' key to activate the Beosound 8. Maybe N.Music or N.Radio will do the job.

The Beosound allows to select a specific track, or radio station when the alarm time has come.

The alarm time gives the choice to select 'Radio' and '3' for example, or 'A.Tape' '7'...

Ralph-Marcus

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,360 Posts
Bronze Member
CB replied on Tue, Apr 16 2019 6:30 AM
Steph:
Ideally, it would be placed on my bedside table and i could program it to wake up to the sound of the radio or another source (CD,...). Of course, i want B&O

I do not have a subscription to a streaming service.

Do you know that the M3 sports a timer ?

It’s able to wake you up everyday with TuneIn. In this case, the Beotime is of no use.

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
992 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Tue, Apr 16 2019 2:40 PM

I didn't know for the M3 Yes - thumbs up

But i think it needs the phone and can't be operate via BeoTime?

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,360 Posts
Bronze Member
CB replied on Tue, Apr 16 2019 6:48 PM
Steph:
But i think it needs the phone and can't be operate via BeoTime?
Exactly, phone or tablet
mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,019 Posts
Gold Member

Steph:
I didn't know for the M3 Yes - thumbs up

M3, M5, A6, Core, even the Moment and surely other network connected products have the alarm capability.

Yes you need the App or a webrowser to configure it, and the App or a recent remote to operate it remotely.

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL