rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

armandc1
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Silver Member
armandc1 posted on Sun, Apr 14 2019 11:04 PM

Hi everyone, 

I have a quick question, soon I will be inheriting a barely used complete Beosystem 3300 from a family member which has a set of RL60.2's. However as wonderful as the Rl's are, I would love to find and connect a set of Pentas to the system, and use the RL's somewhere else. I know the beomaster 3300 does not have powerlink sockets, however I have yet to find a complete answer as to how I should go about connecting them to the regular 2 pin DIN sockets. Would just using a regular 2 pin DIN cable and connecting it to the speakerlink sockets work, I know I wont get the display but that's no issue. Just some clarification would be great!

Thanks

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,510 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

You can use the Beolab Pentas via speaker wires from the outputs on the back of the Beomaster, but this may not give you the best sound quality or output power.  The simpler option for best results (as long as you don't have any other speakers connected to the Beomaster) is to link the two speakers to the headphone socket of the Beomaster with this cable:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/line-in-connection/77-241-minijack-to-beolab-line-in-using-phono-rca-sockets-one-cable-for-two-speakers.html#/2-length-1m

This gives you a volume-controlled line level output (similar to linking to the Powerlink sockets on a newer B&O system) for the best sound quality - this also lets the speakers give their full output levels if required.  Please set both speakers to "Auto" mode using the small switch on the hinged front panel.

This option works for all powered (Beolab) Penta models, but the speaker displays won't function.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

All Replies

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
808 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 2:23 AM
It is possible to set the Pentas to run from a 2 pin DIN, but you must use shielded speaker wire. You terminate the shield to the negative pins on both sides. If you don’t, you will have noise. You have to also set the Pentas for the appropriate speaker level input. You set this on the switches at the front of the Pentas. They will turn on and off with the presence of a signal.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,510 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

You can use the Beolab Pentas via speaker wires from the outputs on the back of the Beomaster, but this may not give you the best sound quality or output power.  The simpler option for best results (as long as you don't have any other speakers connected to the Beomaster) is to link the two speakers to the headphone socket of the Beomaster with this cable:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/line-in-connection/77-241-minijack-to-beolab-line-in-using-phono-rca-sockets-one-cable-for-two-speakers.html#/2-length-1m

This gives you a volume-controlled line level output (similar to linking to the Powerlink sockets on a newer B&O system) for the best sound quality - this also lets the speakers give their full output levels if required.  Please set both speakers to "Auto" mode using the small switch on the hinged front panel.

This option works for all powered (Beolab) Penta models, but the speaker displays won't function.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL