rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort posted on Wed, Apr 10 2019 1:15 PM

Started to think about replacing my Moment with a Core.

Main reason for this is to get something more future proof and the fact I do not use the Moment screen that much anymore but rather the app.

Some more benefits:

• The levels on the line in can be adjusted (benefit for my connected Beogram)
  • Better sound (?)
  • Chromecast built in
  • Future proof (mentioned above)
  • Hideaway box
  • Airplay 2

Key thing for me is that I can integrate Core with my BV11 exactly in the same way as I have done with Moment. That is using the speakers connected to  BV11 as speaker groups for e.g Music and Radio.

Anyone that can confirm that?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
163 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by hostler
hostler:

... The big difference is that when integrated, the CORE is removed from the App product view - so you can't get back to it's setup/config screens - eg. to change the line-in sensitivity. ...

You can access the Core setup from the App via the front page by selecting the settings “wheel” - see screen shot - and then “Products”. Select the Core and you can then select the configuration pages.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,430 Posts
Bronze Member

https://bogo.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1304261/0/filename/Multiroom+-+october+2017+-+PDF+handout.pdf

I wonder how the rew remote will act in the integrated setup?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 1:29 PM

Millemissen:

https://bogo.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1304261/0/filename/Multiroom+-+october+2017+-+PDF+handout.pdf

I wonder how the rew remote will act in the integrated setup?

MM

From the PDF you linked, I take it that the answer to my question is "yes".

Regarding your question regarding the remote, I guess it should be able to talk to the Core as with all other audio products. Probably the interaction with BV11 will be zero, since BV11 does not work with any bluetooth remote today.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,430 Posts
Bronze Member

But if it talks to the Core, which turns on the tv........

But you are probably right - it will be rather limited.

MM

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 1:50 PM

Millemissen:

But if it talks to the Core, which turns on the tv........

Yes, that is my thinking. It only talks to the core and trigger e.g source. Then the Core does its thing (like waking up the TV ).

Can core handle the "old" Beoremote One or does it have to be the Bluetooth version?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,430 Posts
Bronze Member

There is a version with support for a connected ir-eye.

I guess that new remote would display metadata and more from the Core, the regulation of the volume would have to happen with the ir remote via the BV11.

We will see, if we could live with that?

MM

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
163 Posts
Bronze Member
I have a Core integrated with my BV11 and I also have a Beoremote One BT.

You should be aware of the following for an integrated setup:

- Chromecast is not available.

- No BT pairing between the Core and the remote. You must use ir commands via the BV11 to control volume, source etc.

- The B&O app has a lot of cosmetic errors when using the integrated BV11/Core.

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
679 Posts
Silver Member

This is very interesting as I had the Core but it had problem after problem with the software and I found I didn’t like using or holding an iPad. There is something about the Moment tablet that I like and the simpler layout on the Moment’s screen. Am interested in observations from those who have used both whether they be dealers or regular customers like me.

You also don’t get Pattern Play on a Core.
AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
542 Posts
Bronze Member

...and Core has no WISA capability. :/ That's what's a showstopper for me.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 4:03 PM
Dyssegaard:

- Chromecast is not available

Specification says “Chromecast built in” and I have seen videos where the core is added to Google Home.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 4:04 PM
AnalogPlanet:

True, but it’s not important for me.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,236 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 4:10 PM
AnalogPlanet:

Just add a transmitter 1.
Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
163 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort:

Specification says “Chromecast built in” and I have seen videos where the core is added to Google Home.

Yes - but in an integrated setup it is disabled!

I think it’s because the integration uses the nl protocol so it’s similar to nl multiroom.

For Airplay 2 to work in the integrated setup, multiroom for Airplay has to be selected on the Core, but there is no possibility to enable Chromecast for multiroom in the Core setup.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 5:07 PM
Dyssegaard:

Yes - but in an integrated setup it is disabled!

I think it’s because the integration uses the nl protocol so it’s similar to nl multiroom.

Hmm.... that was one of the main reasons for planning a swap to Core.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
542 Posts
Bronze Member

Duels:

Just add a transmitter 1.

Well, thats an extra box to hide, more cables, extra power socket to find and 400EUR to add.

I always wondered what made B&O adopt WISA, and then drop it on its one single available music system? While all speakers - both standalone and integrated ones have it. 

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL