rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 32 Replies | 1 Follower

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
680 Posts
Silver Member
seethroughyou posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 10:05 PM

Been playing with the Moment and slowly getting drawn to it. Have the software problems been ironed out?

Is this a sensible buy as EOL?

Is Deezer still working with it?

Has anyone tried the STB CD player you can buy for it?

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,357 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 11:13 AM
steve1977:

How do you make us of the sensing line-in?

When the needle lands on the record, Moment senses that on the line in and automatically switch to that input.

If integrated to eg as BV11 (as in my case) the BV11 turns on and play the music.

Really neat.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,357 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 11:16 AM
seethroughyou:

You can’t play music from the app on an iPad. You need a streaming device of some kind. Unless you know of another way please?

You are correct.

You need a B&O streaming device. There is no other way.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,564 Posts
Founder

steve1977:

How do you make us of the sensing line-in?

Just press the start button on my BG6500, the Moments starts up and it plays the records I, and my daughters recently, bought.

From there the system starts up without the need to use an app.

Having a dedicated tablet (Moment) everyone can use in the house.

I could replace the Moment by a Core (which I have), that would some extra features, but I like the Moment being present as a soundsystem.

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
680 Posts
Silver Member
I suppose the lack of digital out is a hurdle but presumably I can WISA from Moment to BL90?
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,357 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 8:25 PM
seethroughyou:

I suppose the lack of digital out is a hurdle but presumably I can WISA from Moment to BL90?

Correct

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
416 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 11:44 AM

There was a discussion regarding the sound quality on the Moment-thread that is worth considering since you have the BL90's. It all started with John from B&O Manchester (see his youtube channel), who was baffled by the improvement in sound quality when he removed the Moment in the shop and replaced it with the Core. 

I love the look and user experience of my Moment, but must admit that I'm considering the Core just for the improved sound quality. 

B&O will shortly release a new remote with a display that will make replacing the Moment easier: think of the Essence remote and add display, sort of a round remote thing.It will retail for approx €750, and if you add the cost of the Core you are perhaps paying more than you would for a 2nd hand Moment. 

Roger

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,357 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 1:01 PM

Roger:

B&O will shortly release a new remote with a display that will make replacing the Moment easier: think of the Essence remote and add display, sort of a round remote thing.It will retail for approx €750.

Cool! It was a long time since a new remote was launched. Think it makes sense with a screen, since all current products lack information on what is playing. My wife hates flipping between channels on eg M5, BS1 and our other units with no information on what is playing.

Its not always convenient to grab the phone and use the app.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,261 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 1:28 PM
Roger:

B&O will shortly release a new remote with a display that will make replacing the Moment easier: think of the Essence remote and add display, sort of a round remote thing.It will retail for approx €750, and if you add the cost of the Core you are perhaps paying more than you would for a 2nd hand Moment.

Roger

That’s news, and sounds pretty cool.
vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,366 Posts
Silver Member

Roger:
...........who was baffled by the improvement in sound quality when he removed the Moment in the shop and replaced it with the Core. 

This really baffles me! Why should there be any noticeable difference in sound quality from any top of the range B&O sound source (as opposed to speakers)?

Graham

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
416 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 2:05 PM

Have a look at this and skip to approx 4 minutes. Did an A-B test myself, quite surprised I must admit. Will try to find the reply to this issue that I received from Struer.

Roger

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
416 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 2:14 PM

@vikinger - this is what I got from the man himself back when the issue was adressed:

Subject:Moment vs Core on Sound quality

I've just asked about this and was told that since the comparison was done using BeoLab 3 the connection was via PowerLink (where the Moment outperforms the Core) so the comparison in the video was likely using Deezer HiFi on the Core and normal Deezer on the Moment. Before upgrading to the BeoLab 50 you should audition using optical connection from the Core, and PL connection from the Moment, and see what you prefer as a total package. 

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
680 Posts
Silver Member
I would have thought it would be a level playing field between the digital out of the Core versus digital over WISA between Moment and a Beolab.

Why would there be a difference if exactly the same track at the same bit depth and sampling rate were fed to the same Beolab...?
seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
680 Posts
Silver Member
I’ve seen 3 units for sale. All brand new in box. Manufactured 3-4 years ago and still unsold. What would be a fair offer for one these?
Stan
Top 150 Contributor
617 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Apr 11 2019 4:22 PM

seethroughyou:
I would have thought it would be a level playing field between the digital out of the Core versus digital over WISA between Moment and a Beolab.

Why would there be a difference if exactly the same track at the same bit depth and sampling rate were fed to the same Beolab...?

If I'm reading all this correctly, I believe there are known sound differences between the Core and Moment's PowerLink.  That is, the Moment has superior PL output to the Core, and this is what John from Manchester heard on the video.  

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
680 Posts
Silver Member

Does anyone know how to connect the Beosound Moment to a BL90?

The Moment has two powerlinks coming out but the BL90 has only one Powerlink in....

Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL