Beovision 8-32 DVB

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

david707
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Silver Member
david707 posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 12:30 PM

I have inherited a BV8 32. There is a DVB aerial input in the connection panel but I don't know how to activate the module. Unlike the BV8-40 there does not appear to be an option to select between analogue and digital tuners.

Perhaps there is no DVB module even mounted, but why then would there be an aerial socket for it?

David 

All Replies

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
858 Posts
Bronze Member

There should be a card installed that contains an ML Socket, Scart socket and 2 RF connections. One if for Aerial in and the second RF out.

If there is only 1 RF Connection to the far right then that's for analogue TV. 

If the card is installed you press SAT or DTV and you should be able to get to the menu from there to set it up.

david707
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Silver Member

Thanks very much for that. All set up now and DVB working fine. If I use it as a link TV I will need an analogue feed as well so both inputs will be in use. Thanks for the help

David

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
858 Posts
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 9:54 AM

No problem - I used mine as a master at one point you can send DVD or Video via the RF out but for an HDMI source, in my case apple TV, i used an HDMI Splitter to have one goto the HDMI socket and the second to a HDMI>Scart converter and from there to one of the SCART sockets - you then assign the scart socket to V.Aux (STB) and use HDMI - this then sends the output from the scart socket to your link TV and I can control the Apple TV from another room - picture quality is not the same obviously as HDMI but more than adequate for a kitchen or bedroom where you don't watch the whole film. Although you lose one the scart sockets. It was and still is a brilliant system.

david707
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Silver Member

Sorry it took 6 months to see your reply. That's an interesting way of doing it. I've never had a product without scart or phono output but increasingly they will be HDMI only. The BV8 certainly have a very useful array of connections. I am looking for a small version (26") B&O have unfortunately neglected the small TV segment

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL