Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 369 Replies | 3 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
14 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,371 Posts
Gold Member
If the doors didn’t open on the Overture, you couldn’t get the CD out. That’s the whole point of them opening surely, and thus not the same.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,650 Posts
Bronze Member

mbee:

i think the Harmony has the same potential to become a design icon.

Not a chance!

Ban boring signatures!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,650 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
If the doors didn’t open on the Overture, you couldn’t get the CD out. That’s the whole point of them opening surely, and thus not the same.

Exactly -  movement for a reason.

Ban boring signatures!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,933 Posts
Bronze Member

Metadata in audio mode.

Millemissen:
It is a feature, that was announced, but not yet released.
How it will be implemented.......and when - and if at all - it will be released, is not known.

MM

1990:
Harmony with a beautifully crafted speaker system makes a lot of sense.

Here is a solution - We all have different tastes.

Now my wife can see the flowers in the window sill, when he is not watching TV.
And then I can hear music, and see what I choose. Smile

AnalogPlanet:
True, but what would make such a "dream" so impossible?
Adding LG C9 to something else - base of the rollable LG TV equipped with B@O Stage
loudspeakers, for example, or the Harmony (sound) base?

What in your view, makes it so completely impossible that you dismiss the idea as nonsense?
Not discussing B&O strategy here, but rather is it possible to execute it.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
500 Posts
Bronze Member

matador43:

I'm sorry if you felt insulted and that was not my intention to criticize people who like the Harmony.
Each one with his taste, and everybody to enjoy his stuff.

All the best.

No worries, I did not.

It was more, you ask a question we answered, and I was expecting:

ahh okay I see what B&O tried to do, but In my opinion they did not succeed.

People have different taste, and I for sure did not like the Harmony right away.

And I still think it is missing the turning function.

but yea all the best to you too.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
500 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:

Chris Townsend:

Exactly -  movement for a reason.

But why should the doors be there?

The Harmony moves to make the TV less dominating in the room.

Please, fine you do not think that the Harmony reach the goal in Your opinion 

But the movement have a reason, stated by B&O, as I linked to earlier 

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
815 Posts
Bronze Member

mbee:
…and also had “meaningless movement”.

Not exactly the same: in the Beosound 2500 and Ouverture, it also (sort of) protect the tape heads and CD lens from dust.
It was also common for Japanese HiFi systems to be aligned in wooden cabinets with a glass door. so it was more an interpretation of a common use, with some purpose than a meaningless gimmick. 

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,249 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan:

Metadata in audio mode.

Here is a solution - We all have different tastes.

Now my wife can see the flowers in the window sill, when he is not watching TV. And then I can hear music, and see what I choose.

This won’t work on a 77” or above

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1.

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,732 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Feb 18 2020 10:00 PM

Chris Townsend:

No, the Ouverture wouldn't have lost anything useful without doors! That's exactly the point when one says that the big visible speakers on the Harmony are useless...

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,249 Posts
Bronze Member
For what it’s worth my 77” harmony is way less present than my 55” was when it’s off. And since the screen is so enormous i don’t actually miss the swivel motion where i used it all the time on the eclipse.

The sound too is waaaaay betterBig Smile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1.

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Jaffrey2230
Top 200 Contributor
Washington DC
310 Posts
Bronze Member

It is the most opulently designed TV I can think of. Might end up like the BL5 or BL 90. It’s iconic in that it isn’t a generic design.

B&O products I use by zones in my home: 

Platform: Apple Home with Google Wi-fi (mesh), 100% streaming audio (Sirius XM, Apple Music, YouTube Music); TV/Office: Beolab 8002 (Red) + Beolab 2 [Sony 65A1E OLED TV, Apple TV 4K];  Living: Beoplay A9 (MK2), Bedroom: Beolab 6000 (Red) + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core [LG UST Projector, Apple TV 4K]; Beoplay M5 Dining: Apple HomePod; Portable: Beosound 1, Beoplay P6, BeoPlay H9 (3rd Gen). 

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,657 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 19 2020 4:23 AM

Agreed, not even close.

Puncher:

mbee:

i think the Harmony has the same potential to become a design icon.

Not a chance!

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,732 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Thu, Mar 12 2020 10:51 AM

Breaking news : B&O has made available the smoked oak + brass and walnut + bronze covers for the Harmony... Strangely those covers were listed for €2000 in France where the now "classic" oak sells for €2500. Maybe a mistake.

Other news that maybe everybody already knew : my dealer is 100% ok to sell the sound center alone, B&O doesn't limit to a full set. So the 65" sound center is €8100 here, and you can either try to get a LG C9 for a bargain or already have an "updated" Harmony and get a LG CX... I'm becoming more and more interested in this modular TV concept Smile

Top 200 Contributor
348 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Mar 12 2020 11:04 AM

mbee:

Breaking news : B&O has made available the smoked oak + brass and walnut + bronze covers for the Eclipse... Strangely those covers were listed for €2000 in France where the now "classic" oak sells for €2500. Maybe a mistake.

You mean Harmony? I saw some sketchy pics on Insta already. But no clear pics yet. Anyone with pics irl?

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,732 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Thu, Mar 12 2020 11:52 AM

Thanks for the correction! Of course I meant Harmony, I just always have problems with B&O namings... At my dealer I was thinking "Horizon" instead of Harmony also...

No official photo on the dealer network... The news of the new covers is dated march 11, so it should'nt be long before we see the thing on insta/flickr...

Page 24 of 25 (370 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL