Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 369 Replies | 3 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
14 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,059 Posts
Bronze Member

Don’t even think about it - apart from the fact that it is pure fantacy/et fatamorgana, it would not come in a 55” version.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,657 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 17 2020 11:17 AM
Millemissen:

Don’t even think about it - apart from the fact that it is pure fantacy/et fatamorgana, it would not come in a 55” version.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Agreed. Also it’s clear that PP still hasn’t rejoined the rest of us on planet earth.
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,933 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Sandyb.
Still missing answer to question page 21. Why not metadata in Beovision Harmony version 1. ? ?

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,657 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 17 2020 12:50 PM
I wasn’t addressing that question

But sure, it should be here. From what I understand it’s an LG issue. And of course, it will be nice when it’s working

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,933 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Sandyb. Yes - thumbs up So it gets on first -

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,657 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 17 2020 4:49 PM
How does a non rollable 55 or 65inch fit behind / below that speaker?

Answer - it doesn't, without being rollable.

So,more vapor ware from PP.

Back on planet earth.....

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
552 Posts
Founder

Dear Lord... not again...

Peter Pan:

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,657 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 17 2020 5:53 PM

I know!

The forum has been pollution free of this nonsense for what feels like a year now, thankfully.

kuyttendaele:

Dear Lord... not again...

Peter Pan:

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
815 Posts
Bronze Member

I hope to not offend anyone and this is a genuine question:

Could you tell me why you like that TV that much? This is something I cannot understand.

I've recently seen it in real and I thought It gonna change my mind, but it didn't.

I can't understand the purpose of the movement, it is useless! When closed the half covered screen make the whole set looks like a stored away furniture folded in a hurry. And as far as i understand the screen is of no use in that position. Seller told me about a reminiscence of the Beocenter 2, C'mon, really?

Beovision turning stand had purposes, Beosound XX00 magic doors had purposes, Beosound 1/3 aerial movement had purpose… etc.

But here, I can't see the point of the movement other than "hey, look it's B&O, it moves!" to what anybody could answer "cool… but why could we still see the screen borders?"

You may find me sarcastic, but i truly don't understand so I believe I'm missing something. Please tell me. 

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,371 Posts
Gold Member
I’m utterly with you. Magic is great, if it’s for a purpose. This has no purpose.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,657 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 17 2020 8:32 PM

I sort of agree.

Its been received better than the Eclipse (I think most would agree?), but the Eclipse was design wise decent but far from a timeless B&O classic, so not a high hurdle for the Harmony to clear.

The Harmony to me looks better or more interesting closed, but when open looks good but not especially beautiful. The proportions when open look ok, but not especially harmonious - not harmonious in the way that a BV11 did.

Of course the recent Avant was no classic - but design wise it was tidy, not trying to make a loud statement and as such did the job and was not controversial. That had certain merit.

The Harmony design is more restrictive - on the floor in a huge room, fine it looks good. But it cant really be wall mounted above anything. There will be some use cases (myself included) where wall mounting above even a very low slung cabinet is just not possible. And it also sticks out a mile from the wall. So design wise, its full of restrictions / compromises - one of which is the lack of rotating stand.

LG's new / upcoming G or Gallery series looks far more enticing from a wall mounting perspective, being the near wallpaper version that looks super slick.

matador43:

Could you tell me why you like that TV that much? This is something I cannot understand.

I've recently seen it in real and I thought It gonna change my mind, but it didn't.

I can't understand the purpose of the movement, it is useless! When closed the half covered screen make the whole set looks like a stored away furniture folded in a hurry. And as far as i understand the screen is of no use in that position. Seller told me about a reminiscence of the Beocenter 2, C'mon, really?

Beovision turning stand had purposes, Beosound XX00 magic doors had purposes, Beosound 1/3 aerial movement had purpose… etc.

But here, I can't see the point of the movement other than "hey, look it's B&O, it moves!" to what anybody could answer "cool… but why could we still see the screen borders?"

You may find me sarcastic, but i truly don't understand so I believe I'm missing something. Please tell me. 

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,650 Posts
Bronze Member

matador43:

Totally agree - movement that adds nothing. It reminds me of the 120" model from a few years ago where the £30K(ish) motorised stand lifted it 18" off the floor - utterly pointless!!

Ban boring signatures!

Top 200 Contributor
348 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Feb 18 2020 8:30 AM

Chris Townsend:
I’m utterly with you. Magic is great, if it’s for a purpose. This has no purpose.

I disagree; the purpose is to cover the enormously dull black tv screen. A tv is off for 90% of the time anyway, so hiding the screen with a beautifully crafted speaker system makes a lot of sense.

And: the design of the Harmony makes it easier to fit a larger screen. A 77" Harmony is as present in the room as a 65" Eclipse. It's one of the reasons they won't make a 55" Harmony: it would look ridicoulously small...

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,371 Posts
Gold Member
Well my Eclipse and every TV ever made has made it up to now, but we all have different tastes.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
815 Posts
Bronze Member

1990:
the purpose is to cover the enormously dull black tv screen.

That's the point, it don't hide anything, it just makes one wonder why did you buy a so big screen to hide it behind your nice wooden radiator.
It makes look a X000€ TV like an ironing table you dont know what to do with…

Also, if it's closed 90% of the time, and the environment is dusty, you must clean it more often than a regular TV which collect dust too but in a more uniform way !? Confused 

Page 22 of 25 (370 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL