Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 305 Replies | 5 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
14 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,023 Posts
Gold Member
You still pair the remote to the soundcenter though

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1.

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,669 Posts
Gold Member

Hi MM,

That is an interesting thought!  Looking at the setup video, the C9 TV is programmed so that it will work from an external set-top box only, without using the TV tuner.  The Harmony then becomes the external set-top box from the LG TV's viewpoint.

The key to whether you could use BeoRemote One with just the C9 panel is to ask whether the Harmony (ie. B&O part) accepts the remote signals and passes them to the TV via HDMI, or if the TV has a bluetooth receiver that can access the BeoRemote One signals (to pass to the Harmony processor via HDMI).

Anyone know the answer please?

[EDIT]: Whilst typing my question, Michael has answered this!  The C9 panel won't function directly from a BeoRemote One, as the Harmony sound bar controls the pairing and gives instructions to the LG panel.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Top 500 Contributor
244 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2019 12:28 PM

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

[EDIT]: Whilst typing my question, Michael has answered this! The C9 panel won't function directly from a BeoRemote One, as the Harmony sound bar controls the pairing and gives instructions to the LG panel.

So we have:

The LG TV is connected through HDMI and CAT to the Sound Centre, and needs a special WebOS-B&O App installed.

The Sound Centre controls the LG tv, the surround sound, the stand and provides the screen with metadata in 'Audio mode'.

Some questions remaining:
* Can audio settings be configured through the WebOS-B&O App? (Speaker Groups?)
* Will there be controls of the B&O Sources through the WebOS-B&O App?
* Can the internal tuner of the LG tv still be used? Or will every customer be forced to use STB's and the Sound Centre-connections?
* Will there be an on screen menu for Home Control (BLGW/BLI)?

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
446 Posts
Bronze Member

It is very interesting that LG seems so interested in "helping" B&O,

The Harmony might not be the most interesting product for most of us.

But the new paring is clearly the future which is very very interesting!

Seems as a Stock owner something that B&O should be clear about.

They are keeping it in the dark for now it seems.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

Most newer LG TVs can be controlled through IP, there is no mystery to this architecture. The right one i my opinion.

Everything related to the sound will be controlled directly in the Beosys and rest rest through IP, simple and beautiful.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
257 Posts
Bronze Member

Roger:

Also, B&O is getting very close to becoming an audio supplier to LG - in much the same way as they were for the car industry, before they sold the name...

Roger 

Is that new info?

B&O was with LG for audio for cellphone and TV in 2016, but that did not alot. It is now Meridian. Is there something happening newer than this?

https://www.cepro.com/article/lg_sl9_series_soundbars_meridian

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
416 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Fri, Apr 12 2019 12:44 PM

No new info, just me thinking out loud Big Smile

Roger

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
257 Posts
Bronze Member

Roger:

No new info, just me thinking out loud Big Smile

Roger

That would be a happy day. 

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
416 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Fri, Apr 12 2019 1:24 PM

A positive review - never mind the comments section below (you know, why buy an Aston when a KIA does the same thing wither better reliability type of comments). 

Roger

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,644 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi MM,

That is an interesting thought!  Looking at the setup video, the C9 TV is programmed so that it will work from an external set-top box only, without using the TV tuner.  The Harmony then becomes the external set-top box from the LG TV's viewpoint.

The key to whether you could use BeoRemote One with just the C9 panel is to ask whether the Harmony (ie. B&O part) accepts the remote signals and passes them to the TV via HDMI, or if the TV has a bluetooth receiver that can access the BeoRemote One signals (to pass to the Harmony processor via HDMI).

Anyone know the answer please?

[EDIT]: Whilst typing my question, Michael has answered this!  The C9 panel won't function directly from a BeoRemote One, as the Harmony sound bar controls the pairing and gives instructions to the LG panel.

Kind regards, Steve.

Probably you and Michael are right - interesting though to investigate how this is done.....and if if opens up for further combinations of (LG-)tv’s and B&O sound/soundcenter/s.

@Steve - I did notice this ‘using the Harmony as an external set-top box’, but did not get how to understand this.

But why should that disable the tuners of the LG?

An ‘external set-top box’ can be many things - does not necessarily have something to do with tv tuner/s.

Would be odd to have to built-in tuners (today there are several different types of tuners) to the BeoSystem located in the stand.

The Eclipse uses the tuners of the LG-tv.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,669 Posts
Gold Member

Hi MM,

Looking at B&O's setup video, when the installers go into the LG TV menu, they have to choose between "TV Tuner", "Set Top Box" and "TV Tuner + Set Top Box" - they chose "Set Top Box", which implies to me that the internal TV tuner is disabled.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
446 Posts
Bronze Member

1990:

[EDIT]: Whilst typing my question, Michael has answered this! The C9 panel won't function directly from a BeoRemote One, as the Harmony sound bar controls the pairing and gives instructions to the LG panel.

So we have:

The LG TV is connected through HDMI and CAT to the Sound Centre, and needs a special WebOS-B&O App installed.

The Sound Centre controls the LG tv, the surround sound, the stand and provides the screen with metadata in 'Audio mode'.

Some questions remaining:
* Can audio settings be configured through the WebOS-B&O App? (Speaker Groups?)
* Will there be controls of the B&O Sources through the WebOS-B&O App?
* Can the internal tuner of the LG tv still be used? Or will every customer be forced to use STB's and the Sound Centre-connections?
* Will there be an on screen menu for Home Control (BLGW/BLI)?

Will my-buttons work?

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
446 Posts
Bronze Member

poodleboy:

Roger:

Also, B&O is getting very close to becoming an audio supplier to LG - in much the same way as they were for the car industry, before they sold the name...

Roger 

Is that new info?

B&O was with LG for audio for cellphone and TV in 2016, but that did not alot. It is now Meridian. Is there something happening newer than this?

https://www.cepro.com/article/lg_sl9_series_soundbars_meridian

This is a misunderstanding I have seen before on this Forum,

B&O have supplied sound/Branding to LG phones,

And LG have supplied TV to B&O

B&O have never had the same deal as MERIDIAN,

And IMO I hope that will never happen, that would be very bad for the B&O brand.

That B&O sell the Brand to Cellphone, Car audio and Laptop Audio, I understand as they do not sell those product them self (Any more)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,644 Posts
Bronze Member

Good questions, Emil!

Here is a link to an (the first I have seen) unboxing of the stock C9.

https://youtu.be/AUPkDo8z5_I

Speaking of tuners - Steve, you might be right.....though I can’t really believe that.

B&O would have had to engage in the whole tuner business again - unless the have been able to integrate ‘the C9-tuner option’ into the sound/stand-center.

At some point we will know 🙂

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

Millemissen:
B&O would have had to engage in the whole tuner business again - unless the have been able to integrate ‘the C9-tuner option’ into the sound/stand-center.

No, today the tuner is pretty much a SOC, making it entirely a software exercise, Or you simply buy an OEM module at around 15 us$ in quantities.

Page 16 of 21 (306 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL