Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 297 Replies | 4 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
10 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,593 Posts
Bronze Member

So the 2.5" full-range drivers move from approx. 60" apart in TV mode to approx. 4" apart in closed (music)? mode.

I wonder how many buyers will end up leaving the speakers in TV mode all the time?

Ban boring signatures!

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
675 Posts
Silver Member

moxxey:

vikinger:

On reflection I think that this TV is going to be regarded as a classic B&O offering. OK, some of the movement seems pointless, but it is a mobile work of art! Wasn't it the same with the Beocenter 2 and similar products? Part of the joy of ownership was that starting-up opening..... when in reality the same could have been achieved with a slot loading CD mechanism.

Really don't get this, sorry Graham. I had a BeoCenter 2 for ages (actually only sold it last year) and the slow-ish opening never really gave me 'joy'. It's fine, and if you like that kind of thing, but no-one was particularly bowled over by that in 2018 - unless I now live in a parallel universe where we've gone back to 1998 and that kind of tech was modern, offered joy and impressed.

I just do not get why you need all the daft slow speaker movement on top. I don't get who this impresses?

I adore the Beocenter 2 opening.

The slow motion opening of the Harmony is gorgeous, Zen and calming after a hectic day.

It's not your cuppa, but for others it is the opposite.

So much so I am trying to hunt down an excellent later version of the Bc2.

One man's meat is another....

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,464 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 9:33 PM

I guess for some it's Zen and calming, for others it's infuriatingly slow and tests their patience. As you say, everyone has a different response. I think, for me, watching the film it's way too slow, but patience is at times not my strong suit.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
857 Posts
Gold Member
Sandyb:

Does that mean no PUC?

I don’t know yet, iam trying to figure it out and will let you know. If it’s basically an eclipse 1.2 then i don’t see why they’d ditch it but if it’s more of a 2.0 then i have no idea what they’ll do. LG tvs can control a big anount of stuff natively as it is and seems to work better and better as they progress through out the years. They have a sort of puc table too where you can pic exact models etc of what’s connected, so i would be too worried.

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,544 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 10:20 PM

Since the introduction of the Avant in the nineties, the Beovisions has never started up quickly. 

I don’t care about these few seconds. If the time to start up is the same as the older beovisions we had and are entertained in the meantime with the Harmony’s movement, then that’s a plus. 

Lot’s of members did complain in the past about the missing curtains at the newer BV’s. So, now there is movement to look at. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,822 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 10:27 PM

Beobuddy:

Since the introduction of the Avant in the nineties, the Beovisions has never started up quickly. 

This is true. My BV11-46 is so slow I often think it's crashed. Starts far slower than my BV12-65. I sometimes turn it on and go off and do something else real quick, get back and it's only just showing a picture!

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
191 Posts
Silver Member
Marcello replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 10:29 PM

I went to Milan and got to spend a few minutes in from of the Harmony.

The thing is massive, an amazing piece of machinery. It looks much better live than on the web site, in my opinion. On the web site, the oak and metal strips that compose the speaker blend in what looks like a bronze effect. It's not the case.

Unfortunately I could not visit the separate room used to demonstrate the audio features, it was too busy and unfortunately I had not much time to wait. And the person responsible was not exactly friendly, but this is Milan Design Week after all...

Here are a couple of videos (nothing you haven't already seen).

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Av5_7UYT_obmkTbnMBhvyHYbnF-7

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Av5_7UYT_obmkTWoEdQm1aq6SomQ

Contrary to what I was told, there will be a wall bracket but due to the mechanism, the protrusion of the TV from the wall will be similar than when mounted on the floor stand.

Unrelated, with regards to the future sound bar, there will be a first one which will be a simple soundbar, no wisa/decoder or any of those features we are looking for. A second more advanced soundbar will be introduced later but the big issue for B&O is that while the Eclipse and the Harmony have some customisation to control both the sound center and the TV with the Beoremote One, this would not be possible with any connected TV (I think it's due to how ARC works in a standard setup - from the TV to the soundbar but not the other way round, but I might be mistaken) and for Struer it's a no-go to abandon full control of the TV experience in favour of a non-B&O remote or two remotes solutions.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,822 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 10:30 PM

seethroughyou:

I adore the Beocenter 2 opening.

One man's meat is another....

Exactly, but that meat is a dying breed and fairly niche and unique, sadly. People just don't demand - in numbers - that kind of equipment in 2019. It's not enough to drive a retail store from, for example.

You should have bought mine. I sold it on eBay for about £200 and, ironically, the purchaser wanted a refund saying it wasn't for him and it was too convoluted.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,513 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 11:14 PM

"The slow motion opening of the Harmony is gorgeous, Zen and calming after a hectic day."

Zen and calming indeed. Yet, you'll still need a whisky and Xanax when that credit card statement or bank statement arrives reflecting the purchaseBig Smile

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
113 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

This is true. My BV11-46 is so slow I often think it's crashed. Starts far slower than my BV12-65. I sometimes turn it on and go off and do something else real quick, get back and it's only just showing a picture!

Even with quick start enabled?
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,338 Posts
Bronze Member

Quick start really should be renamed Less Slow start than the other one.

I start the BV14 and then get a glass of water and come back and it's just starting 

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
113 Posts
Bronze Member
There is a huge difference in the two but very happy with the quick start, comes on, rotates into position and picture appears within seconds.

Normal mode with the B&O logo however does take a while and rotates slower. Unsure why they have both modes, probably due reducing wear in a form of soft start.
Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
421 Posts
Bronze Member

If you only have the Harmony, then it is only a Mono speaker when listen to music.

But I would argue that all Beovision is like this, unless people sit very close to their tv.

When I use my Eclipse to music, I only use the Beolab 20,

I would guess a Harmony owner would too in most cases.

But if not, I agree with you, then it is only a good mono speaker.

Puncher:

So the 2.5" full-range drivers move from approx. 60" apart in TV mode to approx. 4" apart in closed (music)? mode.

I wonder how many buyers will end up leaving the speakers in TV mode all the time?

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

Emil Jensen:
But I would argue that all Beovision is like this, unless people sit very close to their tv.

You and Millermissen should form the "mono" club. Big Smile

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,544 Posts
Founder

If you’r using third party receivers/devices, like I do (Sat-receiver Vu+Duo2), then you will have flickering screens when your BV shows a picture in a short time.

But after that my VU+ zaps at lightning speed when needed (Al Bundy’s relaxed mode) in contrary to the build-in stbmodule in my BS3.

I’m just wondering how more than one 3rd party devices are connected to the Harmony. Just one cable and sources switched by hdmi-cec or puc?

From what I’ve read about experiences with hdmi-cec is that it does respond slow and doesn’t work flawless. Despite the standard protocol.

Page 13 of 20 (298 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL