Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 297 Replies | 4 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
11 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,360 Posts
Bronze Member

Michael:
1990:

The pics:

Speaker setup seem pretty weak. Is that a BeoSystem 4 used (prototyping?) or is it a new beosystem 5? It’s no beocenter.

What does it matter how we call it - as long as it does, what it is supposed to do for that product.

Agree - it might even be a pre-prototype system. Plenty of time for modifications and changes untill launch.

What (to me) is interesting, is that one of the pics seem to show several PowerLink connections.

So there will not just be WiSA/WPL connections.

In some reports only WiSA for 8 speakers was mentioned - and nowhere the TrueImage processing was mentioned.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,360 Posts
Bronze Member

1990:

Some more info from a setup video:

* The panel is attached to the Harmony through a regular VESA-mount. Cables can be hidden behind a panel (large enough to fit a power strip in it), but the rear is clearly not meant to be seen. I'll post some pictures soon.

* The BeoRemote One connection is very interesting: you pair the remote to the Sound Center, then download an app in the LG App Store, and voila: the connection is settled. This B&O/LG-app must control the metadata as well.

Hopefully this approach will also find its way to the new soundbar! Using BeoRemote + the Beo Sound Center/NL with an LG-panel of choice would be +++

Thanks for informing.

Any chance that you could provide a link, a source for these informations?

Is there more....?

MM

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
427 Posts
Bronze Member

Michael:
Am I the only one who is like, wtf launching in October? It’s beginning of April now.. how can it take so long? The TV is already on the market, they only have to focus on the speakers - which apparently is already done too as they have many working examples..

You cannot buy the C9 yet,

Also properly the new software needs work, I guess they havn't had webos 4,5 for long in their hands. as LG need to provide it.

And last, I hope that they will have HDMI 2.1 which also drag things out.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6

OlivierC
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member
1990:

Hopefully this approach will also find its way to the new soundbar! Using BeoRemote + the Beo Sound Center/NL with an LG-panel of choice would be +++

This.

I look forward to knowing more about this control strategy.

Thank you 1990.

Olivier
AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
541 Posts
Bronze Member

1990:

The pics:

Well, I hope THIS is not the audio part that costs 20k EUR? I mean, what, Horizon has more speakers than this?

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
541 Posts
Bronze Member

„...of the whole thing...“

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,599 Posts
Bronze Member

Ref my earlier comments regarding stereo separation - when closed the "L&R" drivers are going to be next to each other!Confused

I hope when MM finally listens to it he can assure us that it doesn't really make a difference!

Ban boring signatures!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,335 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 9:37 PM
AnalogPlanet:

Well, I hope THIS is not the audio part that costs 20k EUR? I mean, what, Horizon has more speakers than this?

Agree.

Looks extremely lame...

But reviewers says it’s sounds awesome.

B&O magic?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,360 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:

I hope when MM finally listens to it he can assure us that it doesn't really make a difference!

I’ll keep you posted asap, for sure - especially you  😉

MM

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,495 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 9:43 PM

AnalogPlanet:

1990:

The pics:

Hey, you know, less is more!

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,599 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Puncher:

I’ll keep you posted asap, for sure - especially you  😉

MM

Laughing I look forward to your honest,  unbiased appraisal.

Ban boring signatures!

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
613 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 10:11 PM

Now, maybe you guys can begin to appreciate the true value provided by the Eclipse - which has 6 speakers in the sound center for far less $$$... Smile

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,115 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

What does it matter how we call it - as long as it does, what it is supposed to do for that product.

Agree - it might even be a pre-prototype system. Plenty of time for modifications and changes untill launch.

What (to me) is interesting, is that one of the pics seem to show several PowerLink connections.

So there will not just be WiSA/WPL connections.

In some reports only WiSA for 8 speakers was mentioned - and nowhere the TrueImage processing was mentioned.

MM

For me it matters because I follow their development and I’m interested in the technological design. Beosystem 4 is an A/V processor whereas the Beocenter in Eclipse is simply an audio processor and hdmi switch.

Since this new device looks a bit more like BeoSystem

4 I was thinking that maybe they are doing something new. And I also want a solution for projector and screen. I asked B&O and they replied that many third party solutions would be possible! I wouldn’t be surprised if the heart in this device is a new BeoSystem much like the core in the wall mount speaker is the “heart” of that system. Meaning maybe the new processor will be sold and made possible to use in more ways - again.
Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Gold Member

there could be more speakers on the back/there is room for at least two more 4'' driversWink

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
244 Posts
Gold Member

Whathifi mentions plenty powerlink connections

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/bang-and-olufsen-beovision-harmony

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Beoplay A1,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Page 11 of 20 (298 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL