Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 297 Replies | 4 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
11 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,287 Posts
Silver Member
BenSA replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 12:11 PM

matador43:

seethroughyou:
and has the B&O magic

I'd like to ask a genuine question.

To me and my little knowledge of the brand, each B&O "magic" movement was a match between what I would call "poetry" and purpose:
-The magic doors protect the tape heads from dust,
-The video curtains are used to adjust the TV to the lighting environment,
-Some other doors (beosound 4 or beocenter 2, Beovision Avant…) serves to hide not-so-beautiful parts.

I dont see the purpose of these speakers movements, appart from being the source of future problems (mechanicals, screen dents).
It seem just like a gadget. 

The speakers are covering part of the screen when it is off so that one does't have a huge black rectangle showing all the time. So it kind of hides the screen making it a bit more aesthetically please to the eye...that is basically the purpose of the the moving speakers

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,689 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 12:51 PM

Just saw it in the flesh in Milano, it’s a marvel in « magical motion ».

people here are speaking about 18k€.

i think the wooden finish is a bit too much while TV on but there were no other finish in display.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,516 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 2:05 PM

It at least, to me, has more "B&O" about it than the Eclipse, even if I think the movement is just for the sake of saying something moves, form without function unlike most of the earlier moving parts in B&O gear. I seriously question the corporate wisdom of going that far upmarket in price.

One issue I see is that good god, that thing is thick, it will stick out from the wall a lot on a wall mount, completely the opposite style direction to the LG wallpaper TV.

If it has stereo speakers, converting them to use as a center has issues. Using two speakers for a center (or three) will create comb filtering issues for off axis listeners. May not be the end of the world but not optimal either.

I guess time will tell if its B&O's salvation or another abortive design.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

matador43
Top 150 Contributor
518 Posts
Bronze Member

BenSA:
The speakers are covering part of the screen when it is off so that one does't have a huge black rectangle showing all the time.

Then I think the solution as more cons than pros: as someone else pointed out, accidentally hitting the speakers could dent the screen, also dust may depose on the screen part which were not protected by the speakers and its also useless additional engineering and mechanics which come for a cost and future problems just for "the movement" sake.

All this for something which when in standby is still a weird object half hidden, half shown. The BV14 with wooden grill is a beautiful object as it own. The eclipse aesthetics may be questionnable but it's still an impressive TV. That one? Why the hell are you hanging duckboards to your Samsung TV, to dry them?

Jeff:
It at least, to me, has more "B&O" about it than the Eclipse, even if I think the movement is just for the sake of saying something moves, form without function unlike most of the earlier moving parts in B&O gear.

Absolutely what i was trying to say, thank you!

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
680 Posts
Silver Member
matador43:

Why the hell are you hanging duckboards to your Samsung TV, to dry them?

Calm yourself man!

https://youtu.be/AiKbBU9YOxQ

Big SmileLaughing
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,854 Posts
Bronze Member

Jeff:

It at least, to me, has more "B&O" about it than the Eclipse, even if I think the movement is just for the sake of saying something moves, form without function unlike most of the earlier moving parts in B&O gear. I seriously question the corporate wisdom of going that far upmarket in price

I read one 'review' of the launch in Milan where they point out the TV is $20K and the LG panel can be bought for $6K, so effectively they've added $14K on top of the retail/street panel.

I do agree it suits the BL50 or BL90 purchaser. Same kind of style. As long as someone can accomodate a 77" screen (like I say, my BV12-65 takes up almost one side of my sitting room wall), then it's ideal. But, won't be their 'salvation' in terms of retail. How many of these TVs are your average high street dealer going to sell in towns such as Colchester, Cheltenham and so on - most UK homes are relatively small.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,127 Posts
Bronze Member
Am I the only one who is like, wtf launching in October? It’s beginning of April now.. how can it take so long? The TV is already on the market, they only have to focus on the speakers - which apparently is already done too as they have many working examples..
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,353 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 3:58 PM

Noted this in the article from Techradar

"...and a portion of the dormant screen’s display will be dedicated to track metadata – unique to the Bang & Olufsen build of LG’s panel."

If that is correct its neat and makes more sense of the screen that still is visible,

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
680 Posts
Silver Member
Can we all hold judgement until we have:

a) seen it with our own eyes in front of us

b) had a chance to play with it

c) know what the rest of the uncovered screen is for.

Let’s not shoot first and ask questions later.

There’s going to be a lot of humble pie being eaten in the coming months.

Top 500 Contributor
218 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 4:13 PM

Some more info from a setup video:

* The panel is attached to the Harmony through a regular VESA-mount. Cables can be hidden behind a panel (large enough to fit a power strip in it), but the rear is clearly not meant to be seen. I'll post some pictures soon.

* The BeoRemote One connection is very interesting: you pair the remote to the Sound Center, then download an app in the LG App Store, and voila: the connection is settled. This B&O/LG-app must control the metadata as well.

Hopefully this approach will also find its way to the new soundbar! Using BeoRemote + the Beo Sound Center/NL with an LG-panel of choice would be +++

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,243 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 4:15 PM
Michael:

Am I the only one who is like, wtf launching in October? It’s beginning of April now.. how can it take so long? The TV is already on the market, they only have to focus on the speakers - which apparently is already done too as they have many working examples..

You are right. I also find the constant announcement of products months ahead of their availability totally frustrating.
matador43
Top 150 Contributor
518 Posts
Bronze Member

seethroughyou:
matador43:

Why the hell are you hanging duckboards to your Samsung TV, to dry them?

Calm yourself man!

https://youtu.be/AiKbBU9YOxQ

Big SmileLaughing

Aaahhh… You know… New product excitement… Stick out tongue

Top 500 Contributor
218 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 4:23 PM

The pics:

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,127 Posts
Bronze Member
1990:

The pics:

Speaker setup seem pretty weak. Is that a BeoSystem 4 used (prototyping?) or is it a new beosystem 5? It’s no beocenter.
boskonay
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member

I think it looks beautiful, but the thickness is a worry, and could make it look very heavy on a wall...

No Atmos too.... B&O should really focus on giving us exceptional audio experiences

Page 10 of 20 (298 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL