Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 297 Replies | 4 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
11 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member

I believe it will have a separate price, around 9k.

Theoretically it can be used with other panels.

Whether dealers actually offer this pro-actively is a different thing.

mcm
Not Ranked
London, UK
34 Posts
Bronze Member
mcm replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 9:30 PM

Some non-promo photos and a few additional details: https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/bang-and-olufsen-beovision-harmony

Including: 

"AirPlay 2, Chromecast and Bluetooth connectivity are all included, and a portion of the dormant screen’s display will be dedicated to track metadata – unique to the Bang & Olufsen build of LG’s panel. "

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,336 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

I believe it will have a separate price, around 9k.

Theoretically it can be used with other panels.

Whether dealers actually offer this pro-actively is a different thing.

Isn’t that the old Eclipse discussion once again - why should it be differentvthis time?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
994 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 9:53 PM

« a portion of the dormant screen’s display will be dedicated to track metadata – unique to the Bang & Olufsen build of LG’s panel. »

Can someone confirm this ?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,336 Posts
Bronze Member

Steph:

« a portion of the dormant screen’s display will be dedicated to track metadata – unique to the Bang & Olufsen build of LG’s panel. »

Can someone confirm this ?

That is a quote from the just linked article.

Of course it needs confirmation - will be interesting to see that in action....if so.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,336 Posts
Bronze Member

BEOVOX141:

There is a gap in the center... Smile

And yes you can emulate,- but it will never be as good as a single point!

It is a 3.0 system - just like previous BeoVisions.

And just like with these these the three channels can be added to one center channel, I’d assume.

There would be no point in building-in a ‘single point’ center speaker there.....this would force people to but front L/R speakers (like in the old days).

MM

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member

At first I thought the Hamony was too indulgent & ridiculous now I want one. Dammit B&O! Surprise. I thought the 50s were nuts then I ended up lusting over them then buying them 12 months later

They have a new Bronze Eclipse,50s & 18s which are stunning. This throws the whole EOL eclipse range in question as that is being released in April and would be surprised if they just release it for 6 months. Also what option do they have for 55 or 65 inch customers until the Harmony comes in theose sizes?

My dealer told me they are keeping the eclipse until further notice but some say its EOL so its not clear to me.

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/story/bronze-collection

Beovision Eclipse 55 Brass Edition with Oak covers and Brass Orbital stand

Beolab 50s silver & Oak, Beolab 18 Brass with Smoked Oak, Beolab 18 Rose Gold with Maple Covers, Beolab 19 Black.

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
244 Posts
Gold Member

Design-wise,decent look whilst in working position only.But,am I supposed to be attracted by butterfly speaker movements?Pre-school kids maybe,but not me.Overall aesthetically dissapointment.Technically,to be seen.Anyhow,by the end of the year will go for 55'' LG C9.

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Beoplay A1,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,336 Posts
Bronze Member

They apparently love butterflies in Struer

https://youtu.be/lpKyWuKokJI

MM

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 10:30 PM

It may not be that different in the end I agree.

But the Eclipse discussion had no logic to it, nor did any dealer ever mention it to me as an option.

This time I think the non-Tv part will have a discrete list price, and there's a reason for that (I've been told the separate price)

From what I understand, the new EU energy efficiency directive encompasses standards that make selling a single unit such as the Eclipse, with a massive power output and a big panel, tough to comply.  I think this is an issue for all TV brands, not just B&O, but it is B&O that are the ones that tend to strap on a 400W speaker to a TV and sell it as one.

As such, the Harmony may well be sold as package (speakers and lifting mechanism + TV), but actually be listed as 2 separate parts. Whether customers will be actually be able to buy the speaker/lifting mechanism alone I don't know - depends on how it all fits together I guess. 

The dealers may well be happy to sell the non-TV part - if they are going to be selling standalone LG tv's anyway, what difference does it make to them? But that's a corporate decision I guess, so I dont know.

Anyway, that's the reason why there is a difference to the Eclipse non-situation I think.

Bit speculative I concede, but as we've seen, not all speculation is idle or misguided.

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
The country formerly known as the United Kingdom
153 Posts
Gold Member

Nice... but can it crack a wallnut?  Somebody needs to buy one so we can find out.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 10:36 PM

The Eclipse is EOL, see Roger's posts earlier, and ask your dealer if he is up to date.

Being EOL doesn't mean they stop selling it right away - it will probably hang around for another 6 months I would guess.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,719 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 10:44 PM
SoundsGood:

My Dealer told me the 77" Version is just the first Product, a 65" Beovision Harmony will follow ...

I hope so ...

Thomas

I hope so too.
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,342 Posts
Bronze Member

I like it.

I like that it was launched at Milan design week.  

I do agree it is a little 70's but i think it was purposely designed like that.  If it was totally 70s the speakers would have covered the whole screen.  Obviously people in a certain age bracket will like it, and not like it - i think the younger generation will continue to use their phones anyway. 

But for people that have purchased the BL90s and BL50s, this is the TV for them.   Especially if it can be operated as a sound system with no screen on.  A few people have requested / discussed that B&O should launch a sound system where they can use it with 50/90. 

I wait in anticipation for the released specs, let's see what they reveal.  

steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
705 Posts
Bronze Member
I didn’t see this coming. That’s quite a tv at 77”...

Anyone knows what OS this is running? While folks on this forum don’t seem to like it, android tv seems to be established as standard.

Can the speaker be used speaker-only in “closed” position. i’m still dreaming of a hybrid tv that works as audio speaker and then turns into a tv. Did B&O make this happen or do i need to look at a 77” black screen when listening to music?
Page 8 of 20 (298 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL