BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

rated by 0 users
This post has 289 Replies | 14 Followers

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 111
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:
Will the BLI work with the new Beoremote-Halo in some way?

We can not comment! But...

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,005
Bronze Member
Khimo Support:

We can not comment! But...

But...

Interesting!

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,005
Bronze Member
Hello Khimo team

I have a question

I have SIRI turning my lights on and off via HomeKit.

I have installed ITTT app on my iPhone

Connected BLI to it.

Is it possible to get SIRI commands to do things like turn up or down the volume in the living room?

I am in essential mode FYI

Am i able to configure any of the B&O stuff in HomeKit for Siri to control via voice or link SIRI commands to the BLI functions?

I know it works with Alexa but I don’t want one of those.

Cheers for any info

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 111
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:
Am i able to configure any of the B&O stuff in HomeKit for Siri to control via voice or link SIRI commands to the BLI functions?

Hi!

You can use Siri shortcuts to either trigger an IFTTT web hook that fires BLI macros or to send a local HTTP commands to the BLI (the latest one is more tricky, but doable!).

Best.-

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,005
Bronze Member
Hi there

Do i need to be in Pro mode to make this work?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 111
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:
Do i need to be in Pro mode to make this work?

You need the PRO version because you are PRO user Smile

But! It is not required for IFTTT or for the HTTP command hack.
Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 191
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Sat, Aug 1 2020 9:58 AM

Hello all,

I believe that sometimes we need to take a moment and thank all these people who are helping us enjoy our systems. We need to take a moment and think that not all of our requests can be fulfilled not because the support team is not willing to help but there are requests that seem easy to us but are difficult by "nature".

I have been trying to solve my Fibaro issue (check previous posts) and I have to stress that the support team was always there trying to understand the problem and solve it. After a couple of times that we communicated via e-mail they proposed that we should have an online meeting. Already I was very satisfied with my BLI but since yesterday I am totally in love with it! We had an online meeting which was great fun for many reasons. Apart from fixing the Fibaro issue I finally meet, almost in person, one of the people I have been exchanging e-mails for many days. Moreover he helped me fix quite a few issues and explain me how I should approach LUA coding. I couldn't be more happy and satisfied!!! My system runs much lighter now with a much faster response. There are some wrinkles I need to iron out but thanks to the support guys it now looks a piece of cake!

Thank you very much for a great support experience!!! Keep up the good work so we can enjoy a relaxing night by the pool with automated lights ;-)

function(event, engine) 

-- Define the resource address in your project:

local music_player_address = "Main/969 Bar/AV renderer/Beosound Essence"

local lights_address = "Main/Back Terrace/GPIO/Pool Lights"

-- Get music player state

local music_player = engine.query(music_player_address)[1]

Error("Current state: " .. music_player.get("sourceUniqueId"))

if music_player.get("sourceUniqueId") ~= "" then

-- the pool lights should turn on!

engine.fire(lights_address .. "/SET?VALUE=true")

else 

-- the lights button led is on!

engine.fire(lights_button_address .. "/SET?VALUE=false")

end

end 

The above code was made after a special request I had and what it does is that it gets the state of my beosound essence which is the source for my garden speakers. If it is night and the essence plays any source the pool lights turn on. If the essence is not playing any source then they remain off.
So now I just need to pick the source I want to listen to and all I need to care about is to keep the wine cool.... :-)
Thank you Khimo!!!!
beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
Posts 1,703
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Aug 7 2020 4:02 PM

I saw that the recent update to the BeoLiving app ads support to an LG driver. However, I cannot find an LG driver when I access the web portal on my computer for the BLGW. Is this just a driver for the tv or does the driver also support LG smart appliances such as the washer and dryer?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 111
Bronze Member

beojeff:
BeoLiving app ads support to an LG driver.

Hello!

It is a driver for LG smart TVs, it is supported by BeoLiving Intelligence running 2.1 and upper. We are also releasing support for MLGW protocol, meaning you will be able to connect a BLI to your BLGW, or MLGW (mk1 or mk2) to control your MasterLink products from the BLI.

Best!

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
Posts 1,703
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Aug 7 2020 6:41 PM

Khimo Support:

beojeff:
BeoLiving app ads support to an LG driver.

Hello!

It is a driver for LG smart TVs, it is supported by BeoLiving Intelligence running 2.1 and upper. We are also releasing support for MLGW protocol, meaning you will be able to connect a BLI to your BLGW, or MLGW (mk1 or mk2) to control your MasterLink products from the BLI.

Best!

I wish you hand more documentation about using a BLGW with a BLI. There is quite a lot of vagueness about how it can work such that no control is lost migrating from BLGW to BLI. Currently, the BLGW does everything I need it to do since I have many ML products, and I hope you do not leave the BLGW support out of new drivers as I've noticed you've been doing with a few new drivers.

Page 8 of 8 (290 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL