rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 35 Replies | 2 Followers

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,383 Posts
Gold Member
TWG posted on Wed, Mar 27 2019 1:10 PM

Have a look: 

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/27/bang-olufsen-limited-edition-beoplay-h9i-aluminum-case-rimowa/

Availability: April 15th, 2019

Price: € 800 / ~$ 900

All Replies

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Brexit Island
143 Posts
Gold Member

Too bad they don't sell the case separately.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,874 Posts
Bronze Member
Recognize marketing when you see it Geeked
Earle
Top 500 Contributor
186 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Wed, Mar 27 2019 3:41 PM

$900?! Laughing 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,107 Posts
Bronze Member
Honestly I’ve never had any issues with the soft box and it fits in every small bag I have. This metal box is not going to be that easy and only reminds me of Christmas cookies. I wouldn’t pay overprice for a commercial on the other earmuff of my h9is either.

I like RIMOWA but I am not really happy about their strategy after LVMHs purchase of them. Bags are redesigned to cut cost, production opened in China and many features removed, even the carrying strap for a smaller bag on the big luggage is removed.

Instead they put more money into marketing it as a cool brand with expensive designers and new shops. I don’t see it as only bad but I don’t see much good happening to the brand.
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,874 Posts
Bronze Member
What is Rimowa?
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,205 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Mar 27 2019 4:47 PM
leosgonewild:

What is Rimowa?

Luggage.
OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
239 Posts
Gold Member

leosgonewild:
What is Rimowa?

Samsonite , in B&O class...

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,583 Posts
Bronze Member

Only deeply sad individuals need apply!

Ban boring signatures!

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
735 Posts
Gold Member
Puncher:

Ban boring signatures!

I just wish it was automated like you had suggested in the “guess the product” thread.
Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,583 Posts
Bronze Member

Saint Beogrowler:
Puncher:

Ban boring signatures!

I just wish it was automated like you had suggested in the “guess the product” thread.

LaughingLaughingLaughing - at least it would then have had a curiosity factor - as opposed to being a flight case for headphones - who puts their headphones in the hold on a flightConfused

Ban boring signatures!

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
345 Posts
Gold Member

Finally! a product to swing the rapidly declining share prices into the right direction!Whistle

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,036 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Mar 28 2019 12:01 AM

Okay... for once (recently) I'm going to say I approve of the link with Rimowa... Not like anyone cares if I approve or not, but it makes me feel better saying so. Embarrassed

A very strong high-end luggage brand (air travel) and a tie-up with some decent noise cancelling headphones (air travel) is a great marketing dove-tail. I like it.

However, I'm sad to say that I feel it was executed badly. 

Rimowa fans would surely want the 'double-bubble' of people knowing they like Rimowa and Bang & Olufsen? The only way to show off your Rimowa 'side' of the very premium price is when you get the damn things out then pack them away again. Big deal. What, 30 seconds for each, tops, to show your little case off?

Why not put a ridged aluminium piece into the headband with Rimowa on it?  Or have a ridged section on the earpiece with the Rimowa and B&O logo together?  B&O... take a hint from the brand 'Supreme' - where everything is double-branded, or at the very least extremely clear who the tie-up is with.

Another case of B&O genuinely wanting to co-brand, but being far too Danish for their own good.

Maybe I'm wrong, and I know nothing. Who knows...

Beitie
Not Ranked
Minnesota, USA
58 Posts
Gold Member
Beitie replied on Thu, Mar 28 2019 2:15 AM

Lee, from what I saw on the B&O website, one ear cup has the traditional B&O logo while the other has some other logo. I presume the other logo is Rimowa?

Here's a link.

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see the other logo.

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
5,989 Posts
Gold Member

Beitie:

Lee, from what I saw on the B&O website, one ear cup has the traditional B&O logo while the other has some other logo. I presume the other logo is Rimowa?

Here's a link.

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see the other logo.

The logo on the other side of the H9i is indeed from Rimowa. I missed this completely as Rimowa changed their logo last year.

As for the co-branding: I think this is actually a good match, certainly a lot better than the ford thing and the Samsung co-branded phones. Rimowa is almost synonymous with aluminium (even though they have polycarbonate suitcases as well and as far as I know it's actually an alloy of aluminium and magnesium that they use) as is B&O. They both emphasize craftsmanship and as Lee suggested they both have a link with air travel. 

Is this worth a premium of € 300? It wouldn't be for me personally, but then again it must be the least expensive Rimowa case.

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL